What is going on with Emma??

AnnieT

Beardie name(s)
Emma
So I've tried everything with Em. She's been acting very weird lately. Sleeping and in her hide the majority of the day. When she is active, she's crazy active. Scratching at the walls and running all over the enclosure. I've tried letting her our. Doesn't seem to help. I thought that maybe she outgrew her baby temps, so I lowered it to juvenile temps. Usually around 100-102. Didn't seem to help. She was still eating really well both dubias and veggies. She's been having bowel movements. Mostly normal. She had one loose stool yesterday. Now for the past couple of days, She's not eating her veggies at all, and she doesn't seem as eager to eat the dubias. She still eats them but she's slower about it. I've had a fecal sample tested. She has no parasites. I added some stuff for her to climb in case she was bored. I made a dig box for her to see if that helped. None of it is helping. I have no clue what is going on with her. I posted a pic of one strange bowel movement she had last week. They've been normal after that until yesterday.

Attachments

• 20230505_181415.jpg
    20230505_181415.jpg
    297.9 KB · Views: 142
  • 20230505_182717.jpg
    20230505_182717.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 57

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
They can all at differently just like cats + dogs, some are hyper and others are more chill. She looks bright + alert, probably just a hyper one. :)

Her poo looks a little dry, be sure to hydrate her whether by a weekly 10 minute soak or with a syringe to drip on her snout.

AnnieT

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Emma
They can all at differently just like cats + dogs, some are hyper and others are more chill. She looks bright + alert, probably just a hyper one. :)

Her poo looks a little dry, be sure to hydrate her whether by a weekly 10 minute soak or with a syringe to drip on her snout.
I'm sure that's true for some, however this is abnormal behavior for her. Also, she hasn't eaten her veggies in DAYS. I try multiple times a day. I always make sure they're fresh. She won't drink her water. I've tried misting her to see if she'd like it. I've tried the syringe. She gates baths, but I've tried that too. I have no idea what else to do! Her urate still has pink in it and yesterday the urate was basically like chalk. I've started feeding her dubias one by one. I spray each one individually and my hand too to try to sneak some more in there. She's still lethargic. Please help! I'll take her to the vet if I absolutely have to but it stressed her out soo much. She also seems to have trust issues for a exile after every vet visit

AnnieT

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Emma
Look at how wrinkly her skin is! I'm at a loss. I want to help her so bad

Attachments

• 20230517_182803.jpg
    20230517_182803.jpg
    231.7 KB · Views: 54

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
She's just slightly on the thin side, not bad at all. Wrinkly skin is not conclusively a sign of dehydration and she is not too wrinkly. Keep in mind that some leaner dragons are healthier than heavy dragons.

When she gets really hungry or thirsty she will eat. To me there's nothing really unusual going on, if you're too worried you can schedule a vet visit .

AnnieT

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Emma
She's just slightly on the thin side, not bad at all. Wrinkly skin is not conclusively a sign of dehydration and she is not too wrinkly. Keep in mind that some leaner dragons are healthier than heavy dragons.

When she gets really hungry or thirsty she will eat. To me there's nothing really unusual going on, if you're too worried you can schedule a vet visit .
Really? Her urate is completely dry

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Try adding NONE citrus fruit punch or juice to the water for flavor. Use an eyedropper to administrator it, you have way better control with an eyedropper than a syringe. If she still don't start lapping at it try this, place your thumb under her chin (all the way across) your other 4 fingers above her head. Take your thumd and gently pull her lower lip down just enough to stick the tip of the eyedropper in. (Stay outside her teeth, you don't want her to bite the eyedropper or to get strangled on the water) drip just a coulpe small drops on her gums, once she taste the fruit juice she should start lapping. When she does just match her lapping timing with the drops on the end of the eyedropper. Let her pull the drops off with her tongue. Be sure to use a wet cloth or paper towel to wipe away any that runs down her chin and belly. The just on an off chance might could cause bacteria or fungus in her scales if it's let there.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Oh also, I've found that my different dragons like different flavors. You might have to experiment to see what see prefers. Just remember to nit use anything with citrus.

Axil

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Beebz
I would second the recommendation to try hornworms if she'll eat them.

I wouldn't give more than one or two before seeing how it effects her stool as it's easy to overdo it and end up with loose stools.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I posted on your other thread, too.
What type of supplementation do you use for her? I had also suggested adding some sugar
free applesauce & canned pumpkin a few times per week to help with fiber in her system too.
Keep trying with getting fluids into her too.

Tracie

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carsed
Top Bottom