What do you guys think of my tank set up?

HelpReptar

The lamps are apart of the thrive 40 gallon tank set up. I need you guys to let me know if I need to upgrade them and if the placement is right(I am not yet done decorating his cage) I need recommendations for a humidity gauge also.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 111

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Those coil/compact bulbs are garbage, please get a long tube uvb asap. Use the dome for basking bulb and a ceramic heat emitter (for night time heat if needed). I recommend the Arcadia t5 12% fixture and bulb. It needs to be 12 to 15 inches from your beardie. If you continue to use that coil bulb your going to have trouble with your beardie eating, socializing and generally thriving. You can use the zoo med brand but i gave personally Had trouble out of 4 outta 4 since December so i switched all mine to Arcadia.
Karrieree will probably also check in with you, she is our in house lighting expert, just follow her advice and she can help you get it spot on.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Oh back to your original question, your enclosure looks nice :)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Thanks I’ll look into this
Try looking at Pet Smart for this UVB -- or you can go here and get a 24" Zoo Med Zoo Med ReptiSun T5 HO Hood comes w/ a 5.0 bulb you will need this one for your 40+ gallon tank
22" Zoo Med ReptiSun T5 HO Hood
this is the Pro T 5 we have suggested
Arcadia ProT5 12% UVB Bulb With Hood make sure the bulb is a 12% bulb
here is a link to a hygrometer Exo Terra Digital Hygrometer place on back center wall please
when you get the UVB please post back on here I can help you get it set up for your tank distance and placement will be determined by your screen

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom