What color/morphs? Newly Rescued Beardie

Chiweenus

Hi, everyone!
I recently adopted my first beardie from a lovely foster family. Being new to the dragon community, I'm not positive what morphs he has. I'm pretty sure he's either a leatherback or microscale. Maybe a Dinner?
No matter what his morphs are, I find him stunning!

Attachments

• 20220519_095537.jpg
    20220519_095537.jpg
    468.5 KB · Views: 124

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Please don't eat him for dinner ;-) dunner is the correct term lol.
He is leatherback but looks like normal coloration. It's impossible to tell any hets as they aren't visible as het. But still is a good looking dragon. Congratz on your new buddy. Please read the care guides you can find on this and other sites. They are not hard but it is CRITICAL to their health. Some truely nasty thing will happen to them without proper care.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Definitely a leatherback.
Post a picture of his nails, will help us determine if he is hypo.
Post a picture of his belly scales, will help determine if he is dunner.

Hard to tell if he is dunner from the picture provided. While he does have a the typical dunner pattern, the scales are what makes a dunner a dunner. When the dragon is a leatherback dunner, easiest way to know is by looking at belly/beard scales.

-Brandon

Chiweenus

Original Poster
Thanks for the info! Here are photos of his belly and nails

Attachments

• 20220526_125541.jpg
    20220526_125541.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 83
  • 20220526_130105.jpg
    20220526_130105.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 79

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

So he's not a hypo, and he isn't a dunner. You can see in his belly scales they are all arrange neatly and facing the right way. In dunner's there is no organization like that, and scales go all which ways. I'll try to find a good picture of one of my dunners I took that shows this.

However, yours most probably has some dunner blood in him as the pattern he has is very common with dunners. But thats a good example of patterns being a trait, not a morph :)

-Brandon

Chiweenus

Original Poster
Hi there,

So he's not a hypo, and he isn't a dunner. You can see in his belly scales they are all arrange neatly and facing the right way. In dunner's there is no organization like that, and scales go all which ways. I'll try to find a good picture of one of my dunners I took that shows this.

However, yours most probably has some dunner blood in him as the pattern he has is very common with dunners. But thats a good example of patterns being a trait, not a morph :)

-Brandon
Thank you so much for that info! Very helpful!!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
31715-2848403426.jpg

31715-1964114271.jpg

Sorry thought I had a better picture of my big guys belly.

In the first, you can see one of my younger ones belly, the scales are very chaotic, which is true for all dunners. And the second picture is my males beard, you can see they also point off in all directions, not just downwards like is typical.

-Brandon

Chiweenus

Original Poster
31715-2848403426.jpg

31715-1964114271.jpg

Sorry thought I had a better picture of my big guys belly.

In the first, you can see one of my younger ones belly, the scales are very chaotic, which is true for all dunners. And the second picture is my males beard, you can see they also point off in all directions, not just downwards like is typical.

-Brandon
What a cutie!!

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom