What are your beardies favorite fruit or veggie?

fcooper

Hatchling Member
I've tried multiple things with Smaug to help diversify his diet, but the only vegetable he is ever really interested in are collared greens. What have you had the most success with?

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
My beardie likes Apples, banannas(Only feed like once or twice a month due to too much calcium, making them sick), Kale, Romaine Lettuce(Only feed 5 days a week), Blueberries, and peaches(Only feed twice a week.

Lexileigh9

Beardie name(s)
Kiwi
How old is Smaug? My baby beardie has zero interest in his salads, but will eat kale sometimes. Could be an age thing!

smaugthebeardie3756

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Smaug
Definitely butternut squash, followed by collard greens and deandelion greens. I had to slip in a piece of the squash while he was eating a super to get him to even try it, but once he tasted it he couldn't get enough. He tried one bite of strawberry once, looked at me like I was nuts for trying to feed it to him, and literally turned his nose up at it. Also had some luck with alfalfa and clover sprouts.

Last edited:

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
Green/Veg:

Collards Greens by far are her favorite and doesnt like to stray from those! Runner up would be Mustard Greens.

Fruit:

Once in a while she likes some sliced banana and sliced grapes.

Lobretto

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Verstappen and Checo
Seems collard greens are a go to for most beardies. Mine always seem to pick every piece of collard greens out of their salad before touching anything else lol

Jjurovaty

Photo Comp Winner
Mine loved kale, and red bell peppers, any squash, alot of things were slow to start, but if you can sneak it in they realize how good it is!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Mine like anything with a certain look, it has to look like a hornworm or dubai lol

Yolanda W.

Beardie name(s)
Yoshi
Yoshi loves yellow squash! He also enjoys arugula and kale. He also enjoys watermelon but I've only given it to him twice, once this month and once last month to ensure it isn't too much for him. I definitely have to try collard greens since that seems to be a popular response. lol

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom