What are the correct conditions for my female to lay her egg

Status
Not open for further replies.
My female became pregnant sometime ago and she is ready to pop. She has been digging in the corners of her cage. I have the egg laying cage made with deep sand, but she still hasnt laid her eggs. I leave her in there for hours and then put her back in her cage. I wonder if the conditions are wrong. Do beardies like to lay eggs at night instead?

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
I have never had a beardie lay eggs at night it happens between the hours of 11am to 2pm in my house.
I would think that in the wild they would lay in the warmest parts of the day so she could get them buried before night fall when it becomes cooler.
You might post pic's of your lay box. Is your soil moist but not wet?
What are the temps in your lay box? If to cool she will try to wait for warmer conditions.
Is it packed down so she is able to burrow into it without it caving in?
How many days has your beardie been gravid?
My females lay eggs like clock work. All at 30 days give or take a day.

But I think you probably should have posted this in the breeding forum. :wink:
So it would get appropriate attention and replies.

Nikitabanana

Original Poster
I didn't moisten my soil at all I will try that. The temp is 80 degrees in the center but it is hard to get it warmer at the other ends, because the cage needed to be very tall, beacause Calypso is an escape artist and I would find her in the livingroom with me shortly after with her old cage. Moistening must be what I was doing wrong, I was doing more research last night and saw that too, the man at the reptile store did not tell me that.
Thank you.

coltonl

Do not rely on a pet store for vital information what so ever. most of them will tell you totall bull! if you have a beardie and are atempting to breed(even if your not actually breeding but just owning it in general) i would reconsider it because it does not seem like you have much information that is helping you take care of your bearded dragon to its proper DEMANDS(not just its own personal wants).

IF YOUR BEARDED DRAGON DOES NOT LAY IT THE NEXT COUPLE DAYS IT WILL DIE!!!!!!

BTW sand is not a good substrate for your bearded dragon to lay in AT ALL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom