Well this is random

Pancake151

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cookie, Waffles
So living out in Australia brings a lot of reptiles around. Especially where I am, which is further from the city.

So dad was just digging dirt up, and found 20 eggs, that I assume to be fertile. How do I incubate, when I don’t have an incubator? And how can I tell what species they are?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Hit youtube and search diy incubators. Keep them in moist soil at around 80 degrees (i think) until it ready, or bury them back to about the same depth your dad uncovered them back outside.
I think snake discovery did a video on diy incubators.

Pancake151

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cookie, Waffles
Wouldn't it be best to leave them ? How big are they and is it legal to take them from the wild ?
it is legal where I am, and are approx 3cm in diameter each. We are renovating currently, and if we left them, the eggs wouldve been turned into concrete

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
O.K, I thought of that after that it might be during some type of construction. Can you post pics of the eggs with your finger next to them to show the size ?

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
I was thinking the same....maybe the mom is going to come check on them or maybe they'd let nature take it's course and they'd hatch. (still a newbie to overall reptile life and thinking about how nature may take it's course...I could totally be off on this one). I can't wait to hear how this turns out. Best of luck.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom