weird twitching/vibrating on stomach?

spencer118

Hatchling Member
ive seen my bearded dragon twitching/vibrating on her stomach i dont remember when it started but i havent thought much about it untill now. it happens around her stomach of near where her tail starts i give her calcium d3 and herptivite regularly, her tank temps are 30-36c on the basking side and 24-27c on the cool end, the humidity is usually around 10-20. ive recently switched to a reptisun 10.0 uvb so the old one might have been the problem but i just wanted to ask because shes completely fine and im worried.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
ive seen my bearded dragon twitching/vibrating on her stomach i dont remember when it started but i havent thought much about it untill now. it happens around her stomach of near where her tail starts i give her calcium d3 and herptivite regularly, her tank temps are 30-36c on the basking side and 24-27c on the cool end, the humidity is usually around 10-20. ive recently switched to a reptisun 10.0 uvb so the old one might have been the problem but i just wanted to ask because shes completely fine and im worried.
Where in the tank is the uvb? Do you have a reflector in the fixture?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
it is on top of the screen and its a T 8
Ok please get the T 8 inside the tank if there is a cover over the bulb take it off the screen is blocking 30% of the rays and the cover even more- it needs to be 6-8 inches directly above the basking decor- if the bulb is 6 months please change it- I recommend every 5 months-

spencer118

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ok please get the T 8 inside the tank if there is a cover over the bulb take it off the screen is blocking 30% of the rays and the cover even more- it needs to be 6-8 inches directly above the basking decor- if the bulb is 6 months please change it- I recommend every 5
how can i place the bulb inside the tank? i cant afford to get a new fixture right now

spencer118

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Please post a pic of the uvb-- I am confused
20220417_201325.jpg

sorry if i caused any confusion, i am new to owning reptiles. heres the fixture i have if thats what you mean

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
View attachment 69685
sorry if i caused any confusion, i am new to owning reptiles. heres the fixture i have if thats what you mean
Ok the fixture needs to be unobstructed meaning no screen- it's blocking the uvb rays he needs- he's not able to absorb the calcium he's eating-- you can take the screen off or take the uvb place on one end of your tank going width wise w/ the screen butted up to the fixture have your basking bulb on the screen next to your uvb fixture- basking decor directly under the uvb. 6-8 inches

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Yes, as Karrie suggested, mounting your tube UVB light underneath of the screen, your dragon
will have a much stronger UVB exposure. If you can't afford a tube light fixture, you can try to get
some flashinig (silver material used in roofing), or thick aluminum foil to wrap around the tube bulb
to help direct the UVB light downward onto your dragon.

Let us know how he is doing.
Tracie

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom