Weird things happening...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReptileRy

okay everyone.. so a few weird things have happened today.. i got home and the first thing i notice is a piece of hair sticking out of her mouth.. so i gently take it and pull it out.. it was freaking long and she looked like she was gagging while i pulled it out.. i didnt think it would be safe to swallow so i hope i made the right choice.. second thing: she was walking around the stairs and all of a sudden her but went straight to to floor and a bunch of fluids came out.. and what looks like a red lump but it barley came out then went back in. weird i thought.. maybe a prolapse? but i thought those didnt go back in on their own.. and lastly. i noticed that her bottom eye lids are kinda droopy, not sure if shes just tired because i have her on a 12 hour cycle.. is that to long? and i have a 75 watt basking bulb and for right now i bring her outside for her uvb as im waiting to order a UVB tube now. tell me what you guys think of all this.. im getting worried..

photo-1.png

photo-2.jpg

some great pictures i got though. what do you think of her eye?

BeardieMommy3991

Sub-Adult Member
There are such things as minor prolapses that go back in on their own. I'm not sure what would cause all this though, so I hope someone comes along who can help!

I really hope she feels better soon.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
She is a real cutie pie. It's good you got the hair out, there should be no problem from that. Her eyes don't look overly droopy, she looks fine. And a prolapse is not a prolapse unless it stays out. Once in a while they show a little tissue when they evacuate their bowels.

ReptileRy

Original Poster
BeardieMommy3991":7dpjfkq5 said:
There are such things as minor prolapses that go back in on their own. I'm not sure what would cause all this though, so I hope someone comes along who can help!

I really hope she feels better soon.

its really weird, she still acts the same as she always has. its just things i have noticed,

Thank You!!

ReptileRy

Original Poster
AHBD":ckki3iu5 said:
She is a real cutie pie. It's good you got the hair out, there should be no problem from that. Her eyes don't look overly droopy, she looks fine. And a prolapse is not a prolapse unless it stays out. Once in a while they show a little tissue when they evacuate their bowels.

i know she is. :D okay good. shes so odd.. haha. so many little funny things.. like trying to eat her own shadow instead of crickets haha. but that was the weird part, she never went to the bathroom. just a bunch of fluids. but thank you!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I was typing at the same time as you beardiemom....There are prolapses that come out, then when they are soaked in cool sugar water the swelling goes down and they go back in on their own without further intervention, so in those cases it can be said that a prolapse goes back in. But as long as nothing is hanging out to begin with, it should be fine.

ReptileRy

Original Poster
okay, that takes alot of stress off of me, it wasnt huge or anything, just a tiny bit came out and went right back in. so thats good then.. but do you think that changing her enclosure may cause stress and droopy eyes? i took out a big log in hers and changed it to a bigger one. a half hour ago i replaced it back and her eyes look normal now. so maybe that had something to do with it..and do you think that a 12 hour cycle is to long?

BeardieMommy3991

Sub-Adult Member
Mine is on a 16/8 (I only noticed this recently, and intend to change it XD) and he is doing fine. 12/12 is just fine I think.

ReptileRy

Original Poster
okay, shes up on her log now so i think shes happy its back in there. i wont change the times at all now, i have a timer so it works quite nicely. :D

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I agree that 12/12 is fine. By the way, has she had very runny poo before ? Does she drink alot , eat much fruit or veggies,or did she have a bath recently before it happened ? Runny poo happens from time to time, so it's nothing to be concerned about unless it's super runny and without form pretty often.

ReptileRy

Original Poster
AHBD":1ld01wkl said:
I agree that 12/12 is fine. By the way, has she had very runny poo before ? Does she drink alot , eat much fruit or veggies,or did she have a bath recentlybefore it happened ? Runny poo happens from time to time, so it's nothing to be concerned about unless it's super runny and without form pretty often.

she has once before after she threw up mealworms. worst mistake ever. but she pooped earlier today and it was fine, she does everyday and its never runny. and no baths yet. hopefully tomorrow night or thursday morning ill have time too. :D
oh! and she eats greens everyday, they are sprayed with water before i give them to her for the water because when i had the water dish in there all she did was poop in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom