Weird spot on beardies nose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
Hello, my bearded dragon has a weird spot on her nose. She is still a baby. 6 months old, she eats crickets, dubias(I'm gonna get her more insects when she gets a little more older) and a wide variety of fruits and veggies. I think it might be a burn because 3 days ago I was opening her tank and her basking light got caught between the wall and the tank so ot fell in her enclosure and It did sort of land on her but now it is some weird spot. I don't know what else it could be but I would like to hear what you guys think.
Here are some pics of her nose.

Edit: I would also wanna hear some things to put on it if it is a burn

Attachments

• IMG_20220420_131956980.jpg
    IMG_20220420_131956980.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_20220420_131849483.jpg
    IMG_20220420_131849483.jpg
    268.9 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_20220420_131832168.jpg
    IMG_20220420_131832168.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 80

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hello, my bearded dragon has a weird spot on her nose. She is still a baby. 6 months old, she eats crickets, dubias(I'm gonna get her more insects when she gets a little more older) and a wide variety of fruits and veggies. I think it might be a burn because 3 days ago I was opening her tank and her basking light got caught between the wall and the tank so ot fell in her enclosure and It did sort of land on her but now it is some weird spot. I don't know what else it could be but I would like to hear what you guys think.
Here are some pics of her nose.

Edit: I would also wanna hear some things to put on it if it is a burn
Raw unpasteurized honey-- you said when she gets older your going to get her more insects? Did you mean a different insect or not feed til she's gets older ? Do not leave any insects in the tank they will go straight to the wound

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
I will give her more insects when she gets a little older. I always take out her insects but may have left one in. I will put some Raw Unpasteurized honey on it.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I will give her more insects when she gets a little older. I always take out her insects but may have left one in. I will put some Raw Unpasteurized honey on it.
She needs insects every day that is her main protein her main diet - your going to starve her if you don't feed her everyday- she needs fresh salads everyday those insects should be dusted once per day 5x per week w/ calcium d 3 and vitamins w/ beta carotene 2x per week once per feeding- are you using a long tube fixture for a uvb?

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
I do feed her everyday. I also dust them with calcium, d3 and Vitamins w/ Carotene. I am using a long tube fixture.

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
It is a T5 24" tube light fixture. And no, I did not get someone on the forum to help set it up. I have a friend who her dad breeds bearded dragons and has been doing it for almost 10 years and has been setting those things up for a long time so my friend asked if I needed a tube light fixture and she gave me a brand new one that her dad bought but never used it. So her dad helped me set it up.

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
I think it is a 24" but I still have the box so lemme go check what it is

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I think it is a 24" but I still have the box so lemme go check what it is
Ok can you please tell me where its placed and what type of screen your using? Is the screen a fine mesh like a screen door or a wide hole type -- this is crucial for the rays he receiving

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
So it is mounted on the wall and it is a fine mesh.

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Halfway so that way she could get out of the warm side

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Her dad said to maybe change the screen to a wide hole and see how that goes

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Her dad said to maybe change the screen to a wide hole and see how that goes
If you change screen to a wide hole it can sit on top - let me know so we can get distance correct- the back wall is not a good placement- you want it directly above her for best uvb rays

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Yes I will move it but for now, It was going to work but not too well later on so I am gonna get the wide screen and then put it on top. that'll take me a couple of days to get the Wide screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LiamYe
Top Bottom