Weird spot above her eye

Status
Not open for further replies.

jessicarae365

Hello everyone! I’m new to the forum, but I have had my bearded dragon for almost 2 years. The other day I noticed a weird spot on the top of her head just above her eye. It really looks like a bruise, but I’m not sure. Anyone know what’s wrong?? It has been there for 3 days now. (Right side)

Attachments

• DF724B0F-F647-4132-902C-CBAD0D09E445.jpeg
    DF724B0F-F647-4132-902C-CBAD0D09E445.jpeg
    222.4 KB · Views: 108

jessicarae365

Original Poster
Her behavior hasn’t changed. She still moves around her tank and eats her food so I’m not too worried, but I have never seen anything like that before.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Her behavior hasn’t changed. She still moves around her tank and eats her food so I’m not too worried, but I have never seen anything like that before.
Almost looks like a burn but not sure- how close is the basking bulb to her and was this sudden ?

jessicarae365

Original Poster
Almost looks like a burn but not sure- how close is the basking bulb to her and was this sudden ?
Her bulb is pretty close to her basking area. I’ve read that burns can be treated with unpasteurized honey or aloe? Also it pretty much showed up one day

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Her bulb is pretty close to her basking area. I’ve read that burns can be treated with unpasteurized honey or aloe? Also it pretty much showed up one day
Please get it raised to at least 6 " more like 8" - make sure you are getting basking surface temp w/ a digital probe thermometer--- and yes raw unpasteurized honey will work please leave no crickets in the tank - not sure about the aloe but the honey will work

jessicarae365

Original Poster
Her bulb is pretty close to her basking area. I’ve read that burns can be treated with unpasteurized honey or aloe?
Please get it raised to at least 6 " more like 8" - make sure you are getting basking surface temp w/ a digital probe thermometer--- and yes raw unpasteurized honey will work please leave no crickets in the tank - not sure about the aloe but the honey will work
Thank you so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom