Weird poop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sahssm

112062-4948523412.jpg

Hi there,

I adopted my beardie in April and he is 2yo.

His poop is very weird lately and in the beginning it was Normal poop but with some yellow parts with the white.

I changed all his lights for new ones.
Lately he is not eating too much neither pooping (I think is because brummation, he is very lethargic as well)

But today I woke up with some brow poop and nothing white at all, only yellow parts. I’m so worried, please help me!!
He stepped on the brown part that’s why it’s in parts.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That doesn't look too unusual. The color may just be due to a change in diet or a digestion issue of some kind (usually temporary). Has he eaten anything recently that has a yellow or green/yellow tint to it? It's certainly worth keeping an eye on, but I wouldn't be alarmed about it for now.

As far as the lethargic behavior goes, is he acting groggy like one would after just waking up in the morning? Or is he showing a black beard or have sunken looking eyes? Has he been losing any weight? It's a good idea to keep a log of their weight, especially during brumation. While they don't tend to lose much weight during brumation, significant weight loss could indicate an underlying health issue.

Moved by moderator from Website Comments to Health.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What kind of UVB are you using? Brand and bulb please coil or a long tube type?

Sahssm

Original Poster
Thank you so much for the replies!!

I’ll check brand and which light I’m using and let you guys know.

I don’t use to give yellow food for him.
He is eating almost nothing lately, just a little bit. He ate some greens yesterday, and one dry cricket before yesterday.. but most part he is being hiding and kinda napping… sometimes I look him and he looks very lazy, with only a little bit of his eyes open… I’m almost sure is brumation… But his poop thing started about a month ago. (Before brumation started) Before it was a little bit with the white part, but yesterday was two big ones… that’s why I was so worried. I’ll check the lights and will come back.

ThNks for now!!!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Another thing to keep in mind is that if he is in brumation, they slow their metabolism down quite a bit so they tend to poop much less frequently than usual. This can also cause poop to look a bit unusual. I'm sure this varies quite a bit, but I've seen it sometimes have a bit of a gelatin consistency or be a different color than what is typical.

Sahssm

Original Poster
I got it!! Thank you so much!!

Well im putting some pictures of the lights I’m using for him, and to see if you guys considere Tion has sunken eyes or normal ones. (I originally speak Portuguese, not sure what you guys mean with sunken… I tried google but doesn’t help me too much.)

For me he looks good, he is looking like this since I got him.. and he always looked very happy.

Thank you for all the help, I want to give the best life for him.

112062-8784708744.jpg
112062-2469618242.jpg
112062-9821174298.jpg
112062-2520944192.jpg
112062-8960644006.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
UVB is NO good -- please get a Reptisun 10.0 T 8 --- Thrive is no good w/ UVB's -- the basking bulb is fine as long as its keeping temps 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer --- make sure the UVB fixture has a reflector in it -- sunken means the eyes look dented in --- his eyes look fine to me --

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom