Weird patch of skin on back and strange smell from head

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abbyynicole01

Hello, so I’ve had my beardie for over a year now. Since she was a baby. She had surgery back in April to be spayed. She developed follicular stasis. Long story short when I got her back from the vet she had this weird patch of skin on her back. I assumed it was shed so I soaked and gently used a toothbrush. Last month (June) she shed her whole body and the patch went with it. But there were still spots in the same spot the patch used to be. They’re a yellowish, grey. They don’t bother her at all and she’s still totally normal. Well the other day I had her on my chest and I noticed a weird smell. It was her. And it was the top of her head. I can’t describe it, all I can say it that it’s not poop or pee. I shined the flashlight on her head and it kinda looks blue too!! I’m going to attach photos starting from when I got her back from the vet, to what the patches look like now, and her head. I’m so emotionally attached to this animal and I’m also so worried somethings wrong. Pls help :(
110743-8155833846.jpg
110743-9059121864.jpg
110743-8815681794.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, it just looks like a bit of unshed skin so most likely nothing at all to worry about. Many animals can have an odor at times for various reasons, especially creatures that live on the ground, at times coming in contact with their own poo , crawling under things, old shed, etc.

clyde612

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Clyde
I'd get a moderator's opinion, but other than the patch she looks too skinny. I would recommend feeding her a little more protein (bugs) for her overall health. How are her fat pads? They shouldn't be caving in.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I agree that it looks a bit waxy and off color in the way that is consistent with oncoming shed. Keep an eye on it, but I agree with AHBD that it's likely just a shed and to not worry too much about the smell for now.

As far as her weight goes, she is a bit skinny, but not necessarily unhealthy. I don't see signs of sunken fat pads or sagging eyebrows. If you are providing her with a nice big salad every day and letting her take what she wants from that along with a few bug meals per week, she should be OK weight wise. Their weight also fluctuates around the year. If she's in a particularly active phase and not as hungry as usual, she may be a bit skinnier than at other times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexreynolds
Top Bottom