Weird diarrhea today?

Espa

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Damien
DB977FF5-3471-4AF4-AF5C-30ABBF8A6D99.jpeg

My bearded drgaon Damien hasn’t been doing well, losing wieght since late June? And lack of appetite in which I think may just be not much reaction to canned foods in which I’m about ready to set up a Dubai roach farm in 2 weeks. I gave him some flukers appetite stimulant right before feeding him about 17-20 canned superworms. He took a bath right before and I had him outside to bask. Before putting him in is Enclosure and feeding him those mealworms. About an hour later I come back and see this? His has been normal although a bit chalky white which I tried to fix with some syringe water and also the fact the flukers dose had water in it, and so does the superworms. I’ve ruled out a parasite at this point cause diarrhea doesn’t happen often and up until now has just looked over hydrated. Probably due to high water content in these canned foods? any help is appreciated I don’t know what’s wrong?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
The canned bugs are not a great idea, he needs live bugs to get proper nutrition, also beardies usually won't est something thats dead, so if he is eating the canned bugs its probably because he is super hungery, please get him on live bugs asap

Espa

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Damien
The canned bugs are not a great idea, he needs live bugs to get proper nutrition, also beardies usually won't est something thats dead, so if he is eating the canned bugs its probably because he is super hungery, please get him on live bugs asap
Okay thank you! I’ve been doing canned foos for variety since last mid last year. My parents didn’t like the smell of the mealworms and crickets. But I broke through to them that Dubai roaches (in which I was unaware of that they were the best feeder to have!) are less hassle. Should i continue feeding the canned foods in the meantime till I can starting breeding roaches and have supply? I have repashy too so maybe try to feed more of that than the canned bugs? Also should maybe halt on starting to use the flukers appetite stimulant?

Espa

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Damien
Also just a note he’s not really eating them in terms of lunging at them like a normal beardie does. He did a couple of times when feeding them to him if it was a new insects like when I introduced canned cockroaches. But most of the time he’ll lick at it and in the moment I’ll sorta slide it into his mouth. And carefully more into his mouth as he chews. I know it’s not a good sign of feeding but that’s what I meant by seeming not much reaction to the canned bugs. Although hopefully I can get all the stuff for the Dubai roach colony soon. In which I’ve done masses of research on and hopefully should have that as his staples instead of much of anything canned Anymore!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Beardies are motivated by movement, they like to hunt. Honestly I'm surprised he eats the canned bugs at all. None of my 3 will even finish a bug if they bite it in half.
If you can get a dubia colony that would be idea. They are just slow to get up and running.
If you can get live feeders in your area thats best, or you can order online.

Espa

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Damien
Beardies are motivated by movement, they like to hunt. Honestly I'm surprised he eats the canned bugs at all. None of my 3 will even finish a bug if they bite it in half.
If you can get a dubia colony that would be idea. They are just slow to get up and running.
If you can get live feeders in your area thats best, or you can order online.
Alright I’ll be sure to get the Dubai colony up and running asap, and see if maybe I can grab something like hornworms in the meantime. Thank you for the help! I really appreciate and am hoping to get Damien back normal soon

jabda

Hatchling Member
Dubai colony will takes months before you'll be able to harvest for your BD. I started one several months ago and the newborn still have a couple more months before I can feed. Patience is the key for starting a colony.

Espa

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Damien
Please feed live insects www.dubiaroaches.com - you can get superworms and hornworms - please fresh salads collard turnip kale or mustard greens squash zucchini yellow butternut are all good - I can post a
Best quality & prices for Dubia Roaches... www.betterthancrickets.com
Thank you so much, I’ve been using Josh frogs but shipping can take a bit and these feeders seem to have more focus on roaches in general. And yes the nutrition sheet I’d appreciate very much!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, live insects are much healthier than the canned variety. I know it is more work but the
canned is usually not as nutritious.
Be sure he is hydrated since his stools have been looser than normal.

Let us know how he is doing.
Tracie

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lil booshka
Top Bottom