Weird Beardie Behavior?

Hey there,
I have about a 4 and a half month old beardie.
I’m not sure what’s going on with him.
He is constantly glass surfing in a frantic manner and occasionally head bobbing rapidly with it. He will run back and forth and up and down his hide/basking spot.
I try to hold him to take him out and he gapes without a black beard or he runs from me. I have tried letting him rest in a bath, that doesn’t calm him down. I feed him. He’s in a 40 gallon at the moment with two hides and a water bowl. And his temps sit at 100F during the day and 35% humidity which is good. I am running out of options for what’s going on. PLEASE HELP!!!!!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hey there,
I have about a 4 and a half month old beardie.
I’m not sure what’s going on with him.
He is constantly glass surfing in a frantic manner and occasionally head bobbing rapidly with it. He will run back and forth and up and down his hide/basking spot.
I try to hold him to take him out and he gapes without a black beard or he runs from me. I have tried letting him rest in a bath, that doesn’t calm him down. I feed him. He’s in a 40 gallon at the moment with two hides and a water bowl. And his temps sit at 100F during the day and 35% humidity which is good. I am running out of options for what’s going on. PLEASE HELP!!!!!
What are you using for a uvb? Coil or a long tube fixture-- how are you taking basking temps? They should be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer-

Alternativesweetheart

Original Poster
What are you using for a uvb? Coil or a long tube fixture-- how are you taking basking temps? They should be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer-
It looks like a long tube. Sort of like 3 long bent tubes put together. It came with the terrarium kit I got for him. Taking temps using a stick on the glass thermometer.

Alternativesweetheart

Original Poster
I attached a photo of the one I have. Also, added information, he has been eating, shedding and having normal bowel movements so nothing health wise seems off. Just his behavior.

Attachments

• 19541AAC-3498-41C8-BE8B-D78B677BAA13.jpeg
    19541AAC-3498-41C8-BE8B-D78B677BAA13.jpeg
    46.4 KB · Views: 93

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I attached a photo of the one I have. Also, added information, he has been eating, shedding and having normal bowel movements so nothing health wise seems off. Just his behavior.
Please get rid of the coil - they are inadequate and will cause all kinds of health issues - you want a long tube fixture-- I will post links to some tomorrow morning - please shut the coil off and take him outside for some good uvb - 15 - 30 min till you get the new one-

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
For a 40 + gallon tank you can get one of these two fixtures a 24" this one will come w/a 5.0 bulb this works good on small tanks like a 20 gallon Zoo Med ReptiSun T5 HO Hood if you have a 40 + gallon you want this bulb 22" Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO there is a distance and placement for these two bulbs and the screen will also determine where it goes
you can check Pet Smart for this fixture 24 watt Arcadia ProT5 12% UVB Bulb With Hood you want the 12% bulb
please post back on here when you get the UVB I can help you place it for your tank

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom