Weight loss while brumating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My almost two year old girl has been brumating since late November early December. She had a fecal test on December 1st and it came back negative. I weighed her on December 5th and she weighed 364g. I weighed her today and she was 357g. Is this something I should be concerned about?

Before brumating she was eating normally and behaving as usual. Sorry about the first two weeks she was down, she was sleeping on the cools side waking up and looking around every once in a while. Then she moved to the warm side under her hammock.

Tank setup:
40g breeder
24inch reptisun 10.0 t8 uvb
100 watt basking bulb on a stand that can be raised or lowered and che to keep Temps up
He cools side is about 75-80°f and hot side is about 85°f
Basking Temps 90-100°

Geoffrey16

Original Poster
103630-5413080915.jpg
This is her tank setup you can't see the uvb very well but it's hanging on the screen infront of the basking light

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok -- distance is 6-8 inches directly above basking decor? the weight loss is not alot not even 10 grams I would say shes fine --- its when they are losing a significant amount of weight --- we can let Tracie and AHBD weigh in on this topic it looks like she cant get directly under it --- she needs to be able to do that -- and what is the distance ?
Karrie

Geoffrey16

Original Poster
The uvb is about about 8 inches above the hammock she usually lays across the hammock onto the rock so she's under both the basking and uvb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vaota88
Top Bottom