Weight concerns of my beadie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rossco80

Beardie name(s)
Daisy
Hi Folks,

Looking for some guidence. My beardie is just shy of 6 months old however she only weighs 73grams.
During the winter months she ate very little & I was thinking burmanation as she also was sleeping alot, however now the warmer months are here she is certainly more active but still not eating alot.
We offer her a various diet of locusts, dubia roachs and of couse marios which she will gobble up but i believe isnt great for her.
She'll only take the marios off the tongs everything she'll refuse.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi Folks,

Looking for some guidence. My beardie is just shy of 6 months old however she only weighs 73grams.
During the winter months she ate very little & I was thinking burmanation as she also was sleeping alot, however now the warmer months are here she is certainly more active but still not eating alot.
We offer her a various diet of locusts, dubia roachs and of couse marios which she will gobble up but i believe isnt great for her.
She'll only take the marios off the tongs everything she'll refuse.
Lack of eating could be a cause of many things - so we will start w/ UVB coil or tube ? Basking temps what are they and how are you taking them? You want a digital probe thermometer and actual surface basking temps-- 95-100- for a 6 month old - she should be eating like a champ at this age -- next 6 month olds do not brumate - when they are this young they should be active basking and eating like a horse-- how many mario worms are you feeding - they should be fed only as a treat and can be used to lure the dragon to the salad bowl- is she eating salads?

Rossco80

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Daisy
Lack of eating could be a cause of many things - so we will start w/ UVB coil or tube ? Basking temps what are they and how are you taking them? You want a digital probe thermometer and actual surface basking temps-- 95-100- for a 6 month old - she should be eating like a champ at this age -- next 6 month olds do not brumate - when they are this young they should be active basking and eating like a horse-- how many mario worms are you feeding - they should be fed only as a treat and can be used to lure the dragon to the salad bowl- is she eating salads?
Hi,

Its a T5 unit ferguson zone 3-12% 870mm long 39w and the basking temperature is around just under 90 degress F. Its a digtal probe that i use Microclimate Evo lite.
She getting 1 or 2 marios a week and probably eats a couple of bugs a day, eats salad minimal.

Cheers,
Ross

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hi,

Its a T5 unit ferguson zone 3-12% 870mm long 39w and the basking temperature is around just under 90 degress F. Its a digtal probe that i use Microclimate Evo lite.
She getting 1 or 2 marios a week and probably eats a couple of bugs a day, eats salad minimal.

Cheers,
Ross

I would change the bulb out to either a Arcadia desert 12% bulb or a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb those bulbs are really good --
Your basking temps are not warm enough it needs to be 95-100 F -- place the probe on the spot where she basks wait 10 min or so and get the temp - you want actual surface basking temps- they need this to be correct she will eat more right now shes probably not getting enough heat to start her digestion process - make the changes and see what she does-- we need her eating more -- where is the UVB in the tank -- top of screen or inside the tank ?

Last edited:

Rossco80

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Daisy
I would change the bulb out to either a Arcadia desert 12% bulb or a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb those bulbs are really good --
Your basking temps are not warm enough it needs to be 95-100 F -- place the probe on the spot where she basks wait 10 min or so and get the temp - you want actual surface basking temps- they need this to be correct she will eat more right now shes probably not getting enough heat to start her digestion process - make the changes and see what she does-- we need her eating more -- where is the UVB in the tank -- top of screen or inside the tank ?
Hi,

The 100w basking bulb struggles to get it any hotter, so ive switched on the ceramic heating also to aid getting the heat up. Will a 150w basking bulb help with this.
The UVB is inside the tank approx 2" from the back wall on the ceiling, if attached a picture.
Thanks

Attachments

• 1650562336855869551411137371673.jpg
    1650562336855869551411137371673.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 54

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hi,

The 100w basking bulb struggles to get it any hotter, so ive switched on the ceramic heating also to aid getting the heat up. Will a 150w basking bulb help with this.
The UVB is inside the tank approx 2" from the back wall on the ceiling, if attached a picture.
Thanks
Is the basking distance for the UVB approx 12-15 inches from the decor piece? It looks like it is- you can increase the wattage - does he sit in the plant to bask?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom