Weight and length help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,
I know this has been asked a bunch but just wanted some insight to my exact situation.
My beardie is about 2 or 3 months, I think. I've had him for almost 3 weeks, I weighed and measured him about 5 days after we got him and he started off at almost 5.5 inches and 9 grams. Yesterday I weighed and measured again, he's now 7 inches and 20 grams. Is this normal growth? He has only shed his tail since we've had him, is this normal? Everything I've read seems like he should be growing more and shedding more often.
I know his set up is good because I just went through it all with the help of people from this forum. Hes eating about 30 to 40 bugs a day, a mix up of crickets, roaches and bsfl. He always has fresh greens but barely touches them. He poops at least once a day sometimes twice.
Thanks so much for all the help so far!

Shinryu

Hatchling Member
Staff member
Lead Writer
It's not totally specific to your situation, but I found a similar thread with a good answer regarding what to feed a 3 month old beardie and how much a 3 month old should be eating. I hope that helps a bit!

As far as size/weight for a 2-3 month old beardie, I found this link to be helpful. How Big Do Bearded Dragons Get? Size and Growth Chart - Everything Reptiles

I know this helps a bit and hopefully others will chime in!

Drakodragon8

Original Poster
It's not totally specific to your situation, but I found a similar thread with a good answer regarding what to feed a 3 month old beardie and how much a 3 month old should be eating. I hope that helps a bit!

As far as size/weight for a 2-3 month old beardie, I found this link to be helpful. How Big Do Bearded Dragons Get? Size and Growth Chart - Everything Reptiles

I know this helps a bit and hopefully others will chime in!
Hi! Thanks for responding, I think I have the feeding schedule down pretty good, he's eating well 3 times a day and veggies are always available. I woke up this morning to see some shed starting on his head so I'll take that as a positive growth sign! These little guys are really good at stressing us out! If it's not worries about growth, then there's worry about lighting and heat or water intake and a million other things lol! I swear I stressed less when my kids were newborns!
Thanks again
Melissa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom