Week 7, can't feel the eggs anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyRonnieCloe

Hello,
My girl Randy has been gravid with infertile eggs for ~7 weeks now. Up until the last week or so I could feel them in there. She has a huge appetite and lots of energy. She has done a little scratching (like max 5 scratches), but other than that no laying behavors that I can tell. I've got a lay box set up in her tank jic with damp playsand and a ceramic heat bulb above, but she refuses to stay in it. She has also been pooping almost every day, which makes sense because of her appetite, but she's usually a once-a-week gal. At what point do I take her to the vet?
Also a little weird, when I could feel the eggs her belly was more round, but now it's slightly more pear shaped.

(she's been getting lots of calcium, a varied diet, a new uvb bulb, 104f basking spot, 30-60 minutes out everyday, and some liquid vitamin twice a week)

Shinryu

Hatchling Member
Staff member
Lead Writer
Hi! I wanted to check to see how your dragon is doing. I have never dealt with a gravid female before so can only guess but sometimes bearded dragons can bury the eggs making them hard to find. I've also seen other posts about eggs becoming really shriveled up and hard to recognize as eggs. Did you take her to the vet? @KarrieRee @CooperDragon , do you guys have any experience with this sort of thing?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi! I wanted to check to see how your dragon is doing. I have never dealt with a gravid female before so can only guess but sometimes bearded dragons can bury the eggs making them hard to find. I've also seen other posts about eggs becoming really shriveled up and hard to recognize as eggs. Did you take her to the vet? @KarrieRee @CooperDragon , do you guys have any experience with this sort of thing?
I dont but AHBD does - if you have questions please post or send her a PM --

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I don't have experience with this either, but I've read that they can reabsorb the eggs sometimes. It's possible that they are still there, but aren't as visible for some reason. If she doesn't lay the eggs soon, or if she starts to act lethargic, it might be a good idea to have an ultrasound done in order to get a better idea of what's going on. As mentioned, AHBD may have better advice on this one.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, sorry I missed your thread ! How is she doing now ? When you say that you felt the eggs, how many would you say there were ? Just an FYI, sometimes people think they feel eggs when it can actually just be the natural lumpiness in the abdomen. Egg follicles can't always be felt and they can be reabsorbed but shelled eggs can't be. If she becomes lethargic at any point or in distress with a very dark beard you would want to get to a qualified reptile vet. They can do an xray or ultrasound and give a shot of Oxytocin to induce egg laying if need be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom