Weegie not drinking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weegie

Weegie,my one year old BD,the past couple of days he's not wanting to drink water.I offer it in a bowl in his cage but the only way he will drink is if i turn on the sink and put him by the running water and he sticks his face in and drinks.He is spoiled!When he was a baby, i would have to put water on my fingertip and he would drink.Now he loves running water out faucet,and he drinks when he gets bathed but now he won't drink either way. I gave him a bath yesterday yo hydrate him but today he won't drink.watered his salad he ate to help it's just unusual for him not to out of sink.He is eating and acting fine.Temps right in cage,everything way it's supposed to be!Should i be worried?

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Maybe he's just well hydrated. When I first got Speedy 5 weeks ago she would drink in her bath. Now she doesn't drink. I was thinking that she was dehydrated when I first got her. When I fed her the greens, that helped her to get hydrated. When they eat greens, they get some of the water they need. Out of the first 4 beardies I've had, only one drank water, one loved to swim and Redrock learned to swim, she only did it when she was outside and it was too hot for her.

Weegie

Original Poster
Thanks didn't even think about maybe hydrated enough not really worried yet.This is just the first time had this problem cuz he loves the faucet.Gonna see how he does this week and go from there since it's only been couple of days.

kevindeeley12

Juvie Member
Hmm.. My guy isn't drinking either. I dripped a few drops of water on the top of his mouth and around his mouth and he licked the water maybe 3 times. I was expecting he would lick more, but..

Weegie

Original Poster
Yeah i tried that too and no luck.Now today he won't eat.He keeps looking at me and acting like he does when he is hungry but put a superworm in there and he didn't care.He usually can't get enough of them.This morning he just sat there with his mouth wide open so I turned basking bulb off for a bit cuz i read they do that when too hot in cage.Gonna see if helps. :banghead:

kevindeeley12

Juvie Member
Well. Good luck, man. I just dropped a few drops of water on Primo's face and he didnt lick any. OHH, nevermind, he licked a little bit.

Weegie

Original Poster
Weegie decided he was gonna eat today,still not drinking though.The only thing now is that he doesn't want anything to do with crix.He only wants worms.Guess it's alright as long as he is eating.Gonna continue baths until i get him drinking again.

LJean

Extreme Poster
What are his basking temps? I don't think turning his heat off is a good idea while he is trying to bask. :wink:

Weegie

Original Poster
Well not exactly sure true basking temp cuz i got the stupid stick on therm.but it's reading 100 to 105.Is it true when their sittin there with mouth open it's cuz it's too hot.That's the only reason why i turned it off for a bit.Scared he was getting too hot.he'll bask for about 10-15 minutes then sit there with it open.GOTTA get new therm!so i can really tell.

Zemanski

Hatchling Member
he's just panting like a dog does and as long as you have a cool end he can move - they are just lazy sometimes

do you have a dimmer thermostat on the basking bulb? if you think it is too hot you can always turn it down a little on the stat.

Weegie

Original Poster
No I don't have one.I just have a 150wt basking bulb.Gonna down size it maybe it's to much for 75 gallon.Gonna try 75wt bulb.He was doing it just a little while ago and it wasn't even hot in there.I think he figured out when he holds his mouth open mommy turns off light and holds him cuz he's been doing it when i walk in.He's so silly.

LJean

Extreme Poster
So you think he has you wrapped around his toes? LOL It is so easy to spoil them.
If it may be too hot on the hot side, be sure to keep him hydrated with baths and oral fluids. :)

silly dragons, LOL

Weegie

Original Poster
HE does have me wrapped!Yeah,I've increased his baths for that reason till i get it figured out.Just hope check up at vet goes good tomorrow.

LJean

Extreme Poster
Think positive thoughts! I will be. Please let me know how things go.

I need to get Oscar in to the vet this week. It's just that with house construction going on, it is difficult. I need to find out what is best for them to test for etc. Has anyone mentioned that, or do you know what you will be asking for them to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom