We slept together!

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
It happened twice, Rocky slept with me. Well not all of the way but I took the dog bed and put it in my bed and voila!

The first day Rocky slept the proper way inside of the bed and tucked in the corner. But the second day, Rocky slept like this and edged closer and closer to me. I was nervous and barely slept and I thought I would roll over on him. I didn't have Rocky sleep directly on me as I wasn't ready for bed when he was plus I feel that he should be just a little older. By the way, Rocky has grown another inch - Rocky is now 17 inches. :love:
So here's the full story.
Rocky has been staying up later and later. When I try to take him out of the window, he doesn't want to go. Yes, I am a sucker and allow him to stay. :LOL:Even when I close the shade, Rocky stays. I think his 3rd eye is broken because he didn't seem to care. LOL I then let him stay until he falls asleep. When I "asked him" did he want to go to bed, he "said" no- :ROFLMAO:as you know, Rocky would walk towards his enclosure but instead he closed his eyes for me to go away aka not put him back.:sneaky::sneaky:

Attachments

• sleep.jpg
    sleep.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 126
  • 20220904_173339.jpg
    20220904_173339.jpg
    308.3 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I have seen other post of people who's beardies sleep in the bed, i personality would be terrified i would squish them. But i flop all over at night and I'm not exactly a small person lol.

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
I have seen other post of people who's beardies sleep in the bed, i personality would be terrified i would squish them. But i flop all over at night and I'm not exactly a small person lol.
Rocky is doing it again. He is sleeping next to me. I think he's going through separation anxiety or something because I put him in the enclosure and as soon as the lights go off, he will fall asleep. Rocky continued to stare at me. I took him back out and saw which direction he climbed and it was not that of the enclosure. So here we are. Within 2 minutes he's sleeping in the dog bed. I am going to move the dog bed off of the bed and into another area. When Rocky is asleep he stays asleep but I don't want any problems. I've gotten up 3 times, I am typing this in the bed-- no movement at all.

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
I woke up and allowed Rocky to see that am I here. I fell asleep without moving him but he's now in the enclosure so his proper lighting can start and boy is he unhappy. He's staring at the wall and rolling his eyes at me when I pass by. Beardies are the MOST non-verbal communicative animals that I know LOL. Of course, it's the only non-verbal animal that I've had but that is besides the point.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
All 3 of mine know and expect its snuggle time just before lights out. Ruby and Zen pout if im slow getting them out, Snicker Doodle is actually stand offish, if i try to reposition her after she falls asleep she is almost aggressive. If she goes to sleep out with us i can handle her however i want and she barely moves.

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
So Rocky has decided he's over the enclosure. I purposely left him in there for 90% of the day yesterday. I took him out, turned my back and he was in the window sleeping. Then I went to move him and he hopped into my bed.:love: I put a blanket over the exposed part of the bed because the dog bed it too big and forget it, he is not getting out LOL @xp29 Can you believe that I didn't invest in another bed?!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Rocky sounds like he is a very headstrong dragon, i love it lol. BAH he is just well loved and he knows it. He say his bed is just fine, a king should have a kingly bed lmao

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Rocky sounds like he is a very headstrong dragon, i love it lol. BAH he is just well loved and he knows it. He say his bed is just fine, a king should have a kingly bed lmao
He is on punishment right now, see other post!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Lol poor lil guy. He promises he trys hard to be good!!!

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Lol poor lil guy. He promises he trys hard to be good!!!
His arms/legs are in shed so I am going to blame this crazy behavior on that. Rocky is out of control. I am looking at him, looking at me. It's truly been an interesting day. I'm supposed to be working at this moment but per your advice, I am ordering velcro strips. And to think, I wanted a 2nd and you have 3! :censored::confused::p:love:

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Lmao. He said he would stop that idea in it's tracks, he isn't about to share his HOOMAN.

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
So I put the ramp back up (I had removed it since he wasn't going into the enclosure anyways)- Rocky totally ran up the ramp at 4pm and went to sleep. I am still waiting on him to get up. I think I am the one on punishment, LOL. Rocky is still in terrible shed (on the limbs) so today may be another interesting day. He's getting so big, it's exciting to watch.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
It happens so fast, you bring a baby home and next week it's all grown up seems like.

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
It happens so fast, you bring a baby home and next week it's all grown up seems like.
So I tried to soak him as the shed is horrible and he got out of the tub that I put him in...twice. We have a routine...he soaks, I talk to Rocky and today he jumped on the side and left me....twice. I just can't believe Rocky is turning into a little monster. I know he'll sleep in his enclosure again because he ran into it and he's there again now. He's still the cutest.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
They can be down right bratty, my girlfriend calls Snicker Doodle, Snicker Monster all the time lol. (I can't really argue with her either lol)

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mangobango4
Top Bottom