wax worms

Status
Not open for further replies.

dasher

Hatchling Member
hi i was wondering if waxworms are good for beardies because i heard some people say that they give your beardie watery poop is that true and if not where do i get them i go to all the petshops and they don't have them?! :?

madavies65

Hatchling Member
wax worms are very high in fat and like us if you eat nothing but fat its not going to be good for you and can give you thr trotts if consumed in excess.

Wax worms are used as a treat only for your beardie... treat them like chocolate!

you can order them online easily enough

Geoff22

Hatchling Member
U can get like 50 waxworms at petco for like $2.59

But like posted above don't use as a replacement feeder, use as a treat...My beardie only gets them on sat. its like hey ! you made it though the week big guy!

madavies65

Hatchling Member
stephenrose06":281ba said:
I ended up getting 1000 what can I feed them to keep them alive for a while since they are only treats?

eeek, 1000!!!... ok these things pupate in about 2 weeks if left at room temps... You can slow this process down by putting them in the fridge, However even if you dont feed em they will pupate, if you feed them, well they will pupate!

http://www.the-lizard-lounge.com/content/insects/waxworm-care.asp

this is a good info guide

madavies65

Hatchling Member
ah ok Dubai Roaches are good staple, as are Phoenix Worms (or calci grubs here in the UK)
Also locusta re good too (UK again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom