Wattage for 120 gallon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mango_the_beardie

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Mango
Hi! i am currently moving my dragon into a 120 gallon and what to double check and make sure I got everything correct
basking bulb: 150 watt zoo med light
Uvb: its a tube and T5 34" 39 watt and the brand is d3+ dragon lamp
and if I'm correct I believe the uvb needs to be placed 8" away from the basking area and not in the back wall but in the middle
@KarrieRee

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
basking light will just depend on what your enclosure is made of, what kind of top you have, and the temperature of the room itself. temps matter more there than wattage. that tube needs to be 12-15 inches above the basking area. you'll want it toward the front or the back as opposed to the middle so there is more of a gradient and areas to get away from the UVB if wanted.

smaugthebeardie3756

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Smaug
If it is the Arcadia Dragon lamp, it is 14% UVB so more powerful than the 10.0 Reptisun or 12% Arcadia bulb which have a distance of 12-15 inches unobstructed or 8-10 on top of a wide hole screen. For the dragon bulb the distance should be 18-24 inches unobstructed or 12-16 inches on top of a screen.

mango_the_beardie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mango
If it is the Arcadia Dragon lamp, it is 14% UVB so more powerful than the 10.0 Reptisun or 12% Arcadia bulb which have a distance of 12-15 inches unobstructed or 8-10 on top of a wide hole screen. For the dragon bulb the distance should be 18-24 inches unobstructed or 12-16 inches on top of a screen.
it is 20" away from the bottom of the tank but she seems to like climbing up closer to it

Attachments

• IMG_20220304_081754.jpg
    IMG_20220304_081754.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 389

Rubble1212

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Rubble
Yeah the dragon lamp is 14% and 8 inches is way too close the UVI would be really intense probably 15-20 I would say 15 inches bare minimum directly underneath the bulb and you could have some area accessible to get a little closer but I’ve learned from other more experienced keepers that even unreflected at 24 inches after a year they can still produce basking level UV readings.

fcooper

Hatchling Member
You want to measure surface basking temps with a temperature gun. Surface temps around 100F - 105F should be fine. Cool side around 75-80F. For uvb you need a tube uvb either t5 or t8. T5 10.0 can be on a screen 10 inches from basking. a t8 10.0 must be under the screen 6-8inches from basking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom