Water Intake

FatalTrip

Beardie name(s)
Julian
Beardie always drank a lot of water when taking baths so we have been trying to find a way to get more water intake, I setup an elaborate drip system like a chameleons but a lot slower but my beardie did not understand what it was so the water bowl would eventually get full and full of dirt from beardie digging, I was looking around yesterday and someone in 2019 on these forums said to use a baby syringe and he is drinking as much as he wants now. I was using a spray bottle to give him droplets but it was super hard to make it barely squirt out any to get it only onto beardies head, so the syringe works great and beardie will stop drinking when it is hydrated. Just wanted to share this and maybe help someone but also get some help to make sure this is ok. If you look at my profile we feed him dehydrated greens, dried crickets, and a little bit of calcium and raisins mixed in, with sometimes the fluker "pellets" as a filler. We do not like wetting his food because he will just let it rot and not eat it fast enough. Is it all safe since he is getting water from the syringe now.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
A word of caution, when using the syringe dont squirt it directly into his mouth it could aspirate him. Use it like the spray bottle and drip it on his snout.( you probably already know this, but better safe than sorry).
Also the dried insects dont have the nutrition of live feeders.

FatalTrip

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Julian
A word of caution, when using the syringe dont squirt it directly into his mouth it could aspirate him. Use it like the spray bottle and drip it on his snout.( you probably already know this, but better safe than sorry).
Also the dried insects dont have the nutrition of live feeders.
yes, we have been thinking about switching back to live, just I am a light sleeper (the crickets go nuts) and they say too many mealworms are bad, whats your opinion on mealworms for a adult?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Superworms are better because they are easier to digest. Dubias are good also, plus they don't smell.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom