Water crystals + ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geoff22

Hatchling Member
I seen a video where this guy added Juice and some other stuff to his water crystals....Has anyone done this them self or know what kinda juice would be good to use ? Was thinking maybe apple or orange juice...

Any opinions welecome !

nesta's mommy

Sub-Adult Member
i put 100% apple juice in my beardie pellets that i give the roaches and they flock to it the second i throw it down :) i know its not water crystals but they do drink apple juice and don't die.

patrickb

Juvie Member
I have heard of people doing this as opposed to using straight water before. Interestingly enough, I tried hydrating them with beer once to see if I could get some crickets drunk. :lol: I'm gonna have to try that one again sometime. heh

Anyways, as with the beer you will have a problem with mold and bacteria developing quite rapidly as opposed to crystals hydrated with straight water. Not sure how long they would last at room temperature before needing to be replaced, but I would say 2 days maximum. Maybe you could do a few and offer them as a treat and make sure to remove any uneaten ones after a day.

BestRoach

Hatchling Member
Second Patrick's comment, mold will be a serious hazard if they are not replaced often. To be completely honest, I don't see the benefits of using juice, especially when it would be more beneficial to just give them a slice of apple.

It would work however, and I am sure the bugs would love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom