Was thinking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deemac6

Juvie Member
OKay so things have taken a turn for the wonderful. I got a job and am looking at lots of money for my babies and I. I'm building my bearded Dragon a new viv (120gal) and her 40gal will be empty. I was thinking about a corn and was wondering if anyone would like to give me some info, its not a done deal i'm just thinking about it. Range of price to keep, if a 40gal is good, feedings (when and what) how big they get. I've heard they are very docile, is this true?

Thanks guys!!

Grimleo

Juvie Member
An adult corn can get about as big as an adult ball python(4-5 feet?), but with a bit more of a slender body I would say. 40gal is perfect for an adult corn. Feeding just about any snake is good about once a week with an appropriately sized meal. Usually yo ucan tell what a good size of a meal is by looking how wide their widest part of their body is(if that made sense). Get a small mouse or pinkie that is as wide as the widest part of their body(if it's frozen thawed, you will want to thaw it completely, and maybe soak it in warmer water for a few seconds to warm it up) and wiggle it or let it roam in front of your snake.

Corns normally are very docile, but of course just like any animal, there are occasional exceptions. With frequent handling a bitey animal should tame nicely :D

Ball pythons make good first snakes. They get 4-5ft. They are not as slender as corns so if you have a good reinforced top, then there should be no escapes. I know a lot considering I don't have my first reptile yet. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom