Wanting to taste everything outside

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
My Chubbs is getting used to being outside so I let her down to explore under supervision. Yet she insist on tasting EVERYTHING grass weeds plants that will upset their bellies even rocks. She is the only one I literally had to take a piece of weed out of her mouth (she didn't like that!!) . I decided if she wouldn't behave then I'll hold her out in the sun and her counterpart Amber explores. Is she (Chubbs) so hungry she wants to eat everything? She is a chubby girl who just wants bugs and not her current diet plan I have her on. I feel like I'm playing favorites and not allowing her to roam like I do with Amber

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Remember tasting/licking is how they explore- ensure that areas are safe and get comfortable with their surroundings. It does sound like she is eating too but you named her Chubbs for a reason right LOL. ;)But it's always safety first. You may have to play favorites it's going to save your beardie's life. Perhaps wait until she reaches her goal weight or gets a little older? It's going to be hard and seem unfair but it's not worth the vet visit and heartbreak if anything happens to your baby, I mean beardie.:love:
I go by...trust your gut. Err on the side of caution!
Just don't let her see Amber roaming outside from the window.

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Remember tasting/licking is how they explore- ensure that areas are safe and get comfortable with their surroundings. It does sound like she is eating too but you named her Chubbs for a reason right LOL. ;)But it's always safety first. You may have to play favorites it's going to save your beardie's life. Perhaps wait until she reaches her goal weight or gets a little older? It's going to be hard and seem unfair but it's not worth the vet visit and heartbreak if anything happens to your baby, I mean beardie.:love:
I go by...trust your gut. Err on the side of caution!
Just don't let her see Amber roaming outside from the window.
Her goal weight is way off like 150-200grams 😂 and your right I named her Chubbs for a reason. Amber does the taste and lick thing but very very rarely will eat anything she behaves. Chubbs does both but eats it lol I'm thinking of cutting the grass and getting a harness. Just a slight harmless "tug" so I can get her attention and stop her from roaming through everything she wants to eat. It's just strange I had to do baby steps to get her (Chubbs) outside yet Amber was ready from day one

Note: 150-200 grams is a bit of a exaggeration maybe 50-100 is the goal

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
OMG
Her goal weight is way off like 150-200grams 😂 and your right I named her Chubbs for a reason. Amber does the taste and lick thing but very very rarely will eat anything she behaves. Chubbs does both but eats it lol I'm thinking of cutting the grass and getting a harness. Just a slight harmless "tug" so I can get her attention and stop her from roaming through everything she wants to eat. It's just strange I had to do baby steps to get her (Chubbs) outside yet Amber was ready from day one

Note: 150-200 grams is a bit of a exaggeration maybe 50-100 is the goal

WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT?! I am going to tag you on a conversation about this topic from earlier in the day. You hit the nail on the head--- that's a great idea!!!!

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom