Want to touch...

Cuttlefishh

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Charlie
He's a cutie ! I think like everyone says they just need time to adjust. Make sure the temps are right also of course. If he's got dark lines and hes basking then he could just be absorbing heat as well. They colour change when basking too.

Some other things you could do to get him adjusted to your presence is just be present in the room nearby. You can sit next to his enclosure and read a book or just watch a movie on the ipad or something without taking him out. This will get him used to the idea that you're not there to harm him and even eventually he will become brighter/happier when you enter the room, they do enjoy simple stimulus after all 😊 he will probably begin to eat like a monster after a week of adjustment just takes a little patience

Alinannyms

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Marcy
Little update:

It's been a little under a week since we got him but the stress marks are almost always gone now!! Last time I was keeping my hand in the tank, he got curious and started to climb on my fingers, so I picked him up and held him outside the enclosure for 10 or so minutes. He was very curious, but also very quick, so I was too scared to set him down really anywhere. He regularly eats out of my hand now (not to mention he eats upwards of 20 dubias a day), and has pretty much gotten used to me reaching into the viv to clean things up. Super excited that he's coming around so fast! Thank you wonderful people so much!!!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Little update:

It's been a little under a week since we got him but the stress marks are almost always gone now!! Last time I was keeping my hand in the tank, he got curious and started to climb on my fingers, so I picked him up and held him outside the enclosure for 10 or so minutes. He was very curious, but also very quick, so I was too scared to set him down really anywhere. He regularly eats out of my hand now (not to mention he eats upwards of 20 dubias a day), and has pretty much gotten used to me reaching into the viv to clean things up. Super excited that he's coming around so fast! Thank you wonderful people so much!!!
Don't let him run your house he's too little and you can lose him really quick- but your doing good

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Thats great news 🙂 beardies are very rewarding pets, it only gets better from here 😀

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom