Want a New Enclosure - Recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaigeMe

Original Poster
Hi All! I was given an enclosure with my re-homed beardie and I hate it. It's huge, wooden, and I don't think it's set up optimally. I'd love to get a new one, so I'm hoping to hear from a few of you about your personal favorite enclosures based on quality, functionality, and not having to spend a TON of money. I am certainly willing to pay a few hundred, but not a lot more.
Thanks, in advance, for any info you can provide! If you can include links to ordering sites, even better.
(BTW - my beardie is 5 years old, so he's a mature dude! :) )

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi All! I was given an enclosure with my re-homed beardie and I hate it. It's huge, wooden, and I don't think it's set up optimally. I'd love to get a new one, so I'm hoping to hear from a few of you about your personal favorite enclosures based on quality, functionality, and not having to spend a TON of money. I am certainly willing to pay a few hundred, but not a lot more.
Thanks, in advance, for any info you can provide! If you can include links to ordering sites, even better.
(BTW - my beardie is 5 years old, so he's a mature dude! :) )
You can look at www.zenhabitats.com
www.carolinacages.com
www.dubiaroaches.com
Others might have some more ideas for you

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Thank you, Karrie! Do you have experience with these being quality enclosures? I am looking at one on dubia.com now, but I'm not sure how good it is. I'd hoped to get personal experience from the responses. :)
The dubia one I have not heard anything about yet -- I have 2 Zens and I like them the only draw back is the acrylic doors they scratch easy - you can get glass doors for them if you want -- I got them they make the tank alot heavier and you really need to watch when opening them -- I broke one of mine and did not get another one so I have one tank w/ one glass door and one w/ the original acrylic -- carolinacages are heavy as they are all glass --- and I dont like the fixtures they sell w/ the they have the basking bulb attached to the UVB making it hard to get basking temps correct w/ them not being able to move that basking bulb
here is one I just found
I did not know they sold them

Last edited:

PaigeMe

Original Poster
The dubia one I have not heard anything about yet -- I have 2 Zens and I like them the only draw back is the acrylic doors they scratch easy - you can get glass doors for them if you want -- I got them they make the tank alot heavier and you really need to watch when opening them -- I broke one of mine and did not get another one so I have one tank w/ one glass door and one w/ the original acrylic -- carolinacages are heavy as they are all glass --- and I dont like the fixtures they sell w/ the they have the basking bulb attached to the UVB making it hard to get basking temps correct w/ them not being able to move that basking bulb
here is one I just found
I did not know they sold them
This is super helpful!!!! Thanks, Karrie!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom