Walking wobbly, muscles twitching

G¡0

I'm really upset about my 4 year old beardies condition and I have tried everything to help him but nothing seems to help.

Back in August of last year I noticed some muscles twitching and he was really unbalanced when walking. So i took him to the vet, and the vet ruled out mbd and no parasites, we also took his xray and bone structure looked fine.Vet gave me antibiotics and liquid calcium.

I get my beardies tube UVB changed every 6 months, but he doesn't digest as much calcium as he should. It's so difficult to get my bearded dragon to eat anything, the only veggie/ fruit he tolerates is butternut squash and black berries, he won't touch any greens at all. And I have tried giving him all kinds of feeder Insects but he'll only eat about 5 at a time and I dust them with repashy calcium plus. Even tho I offer him food everyday he rejects and will only eat every couples of days but so little of it :(. He's always been on the skinnier side since I got him 2 years ago but he has definitely lost weight.

He's not lethargic, he's very curious and alert. The vet said it could be a neurological issue but I really do think he has mbd.

He continues to walk really unbalanced and he falls over and flips on his back just by taking a few steps.

I started force feeding him again with a syringe, I give him baby food mixed with calcium d3.

I love him so much and it breaks my heart to see him like this. But I don't know what else to do. I don't know if I'm the best person to care for him. I don't know if I'm ready to rehome him but I just want him to be healthy and have the best life possible. If you have any advice on what I can do please let me know

Thank you

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I'm really upset about my 4 year old beardies condition and I have tried everything to help him but nothing seems to help.

Back in August of last year I noticed some muscles twitching and he was really unbalanced when walking. So i took him to the vet, and the vet ruled out mbd and no parasites, we also took his xray and bone structure looked fine.Vet gave me antibiotics and liquid calcium.

I get my beardies tube UVB changed every 6 months, but he doesn't digest as much calcium as he should. It's so difficult to get my bearded dragon to eat anything, the only veggie/ fruit he tolerates is butternut squash and black berries, he won't touch any greens at all. And I have tried giving him all kinds of feeder Insects but he'll only eat about 5 at a time and I dust them with repashy calcium plus. Even tho I offer him food everyday he rejects and will only eat every couples of days but so little of it :(. He's always been on the skinnier side since I got him 2 years ago but he has definitely lost weight.

He's not lethargic, he's very curious and alert. The vet said it could be a neurological issue but I really do think he has mbd.

He continues to walk really unbalanced and he falls over and flips on his back just by taking a few steps.

I started force feeding him again with a syringe, I give him baby food mixed with calcium d3.

I love him so much and it breaks my heart to see him like this. But I don't know what else to do. I don't know if I'm the best person to care for him. I don't know if I'm ready to rehome him but I just want him to be healthy and have the best life possible. If you have any advice on what I can do please let me know

Thank you
Please tell me what your using for a UVB???????????? NO coils please --- brand and bulb and where in the tank is it?

G¡0

Original Poster
Hi, yes tube UVB t5 HO reptisun 24 inches. It's mounting in the tank. I'll attach pictures

Attachments

• 20220102_160516.jpg
    20220102_160516.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 109
  • 20220102_160451.jpg
    20220102_160451.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 94

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Your setup looks great and it sounds like you're doing a good job caring for him. How long has he been displaying these symptoms? Just since August? Can you post a video of his unbalanced walking? You can upload video to a hosting site like vimeo or youtube and link here.

Did the vet test for atadenovirus?

Cphill58

The T5HO lighting is not reaching your dragon on the far right in the basking area
Center the T5HO over the dragons back...not the far end of the tube.

When we measure the uv-b output with a meter the strongest output is in the middle of the tube on the far end is much much less.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom