Walking stress

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Nova loves walking around the house. She'll scratch and scratch at her tank until we let her out and set her down and she's off to the races. She'll tear through the hall, the living room and all the way into the kitchen. It's a daily thing, sometimes more than once a day. And it makes her super bright orange BUT her beard and last part of her tail get super dark, real black. I don't think she gets streaked, but those other things do happen and I can't figure out why. She likes running around but gets stressed.? What does that mean, is she even getting stressed.?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The temporarily dark areas could be mood related. Sometimes stress but sometimes hormones. It sounds like she enjoys running around so my guess is that she is OK and this may be a seasonal mood rather than a problem. I'd give her plenty of time to run around and possibly set up a portable basking spot with a clamp lamp etc for her to warm up when she's out and about.

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
The temporarily dark areas could be mood related. Sometimes stress but sometimes hormones. It sounds like she enjoys running around so my guess is that she is OK and this may be a seasonal mood rather than a problem. I'd give her plenty of time to run around and possibly set up a portable basking spot with a clamp lamp etc for her to warm up when she's out and about.
That's what I figured but she gets that way every single time she's out. She definitely would rather be out than in her tank, she is constantly surfing and desperately scratching and it makes it hard to juggle the others when they want out too 😅

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom