Viv temps on hot day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pward

Hello’ I was just wondering about temperature in our 40gal tank when it’s a hot day. Today it was 90 plus and our beardies viv temp kept increasing so eventually I just turned off the basking bulb ( which is a 150 watt on a dimmer) )I kept turning the dimmer down but it maintained a temp of 105-110. Our beardie seemed to be happier outside of the viv, but also went straight to sleep when cuddled.
My question is, what are the “rules” when it comes to hot days and tank temps?
Thanks!!

Pward

Original Poster
Hello’ I was just wondering about temperature in our 40gal tank when it’s a hot day. Today it was 90 plus and our beardies viv temp kept increasing so eventually I just turned off the basking bulb ( which is a 150 watt on a dimmer) )I kept turning the dimmer down but it maintained a temp of 105-110. Our beardie seemed to be happier outside of the viv, but also went straight to sleep when cuddled.
My question is, what are the “rules” when it comes to hot days and tank temps?
Thanks!!
I measure romps with infrared gun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom