Viv pics only thread

shortygirl

Sub-Adult Member
Beth, quick question...is that aspen in the tank? On the left side?? I would remove that (especially if it's not aspen, but pine or cedar), it can be injested and also harbor alot of bacteria.

Everyone's tanks looks awesome; this is a good idea for sharing! I'll have to get new shots of mine, though this winter I hope to get my big tank overhaul done!

Beth1843

shortygirl":94824 said:
Beth, quick question...is that aspen in the tank? On the left side?? I would remove that (especially if it's not aspen, but pine or cedar), it can be injested and also harbor alot of bacteria.

Everyone's tanks looks awesome; this is a good idea for sharing! I'll have to get new shots of mine, though this winter I hope to get my big tank overhaul done!

Yea, it is aspen. I used to put my snake on it and the lady at the pet store recomeneded it. But then I read it here that it was bad and switched to tile. But he loves to dig, so I wanted to leave a lil in the corner so he can still dig. Is there anything else I can put there for him to dig in?

kirby

Extreme Poster
a soft towel/blanket will do him fine.. plus its safe, unlike the aspin which could cause impaction, RI, and could get in his eyes.. also some woods push out gases which are toxic.. a blanket is safe, looks alright, gives them a place to snuggle and dig around in... just make sure he cant get his little nails stuck..

pudsli

hi all.
this is my daughter viv.
the branch has been replaced with another one,the crickets were hidding in it.
all the best steve.

070820103724.jpg

Kristy07":d7b8c said:
Here are my tanks. The 75 gallon one is still being set up for an upcomming new addition.
Maddie027.jpg
Maddie025.jpg
Maddie024.jpg

I would put something between the two tanks ( a piece of cardboard, construction paper etc.) to prevent them from seeing each other it can stress them out.

Rockie

Beth1843":af994 said:
I love the pic you have of the cat by the heat bulb Rockie! :lol: It's so cute, he wants to get warm too!

Thanks Beth! - that's his favorite spot - had to make sure I had a heavy duty cover (he broke the normal screen!! - he's 14 lbs!) - I took a picture of him on top with his belly up, legs flailed out and his head hanging off the side, but it turned out fuzzy! :cry: I'm amazed he hasn't singed his fur!

ajax23

Sub-Adult Member
bit of a deceptive pic...the viv goes off to the left out of shot and inset into the wall!
Ajax is about 20" snout to tail...not sure exactly how old as I inherited him but I've been told about a year old

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom