Viv pics only thread

shaung

How do people make the rock walls or do they buy them?Wheres the best place to get the driftwood and stuff from because Petsmart seems really expensive.

jaidonx13

Hatchling Member
shaung":1nxehm8r said:
How do people make the rock walls or do they buy them?Wheres the best place to get the driftwood and stuff from because Petsmart seems really expensive.

You can use any branches you find outside, just sanitize them. The driftwood you would buy from stores are from Africa so they might be pricy.

shaung

How do I sanitize them I don't think my wife would let
Me use her pots to boil them also I saw some pics of people that had what looks like rocks on the walls on the tanks what is that

Jess

Extreme Poster
shaung":sz20gvcl said:
How do I sanitize them I don't think my wife would let
Me use her pots to boil them also I saw some pics of people that had what looks like rocks on the walls on the tanks what is that

You can soak the branches in a 10% bleach solution.

Search DIY fake rock wall and you'll find some instructions. :wink:

bitzo

Just moved Xerxes and Stegosaurus into there new larger 120G long. Diggin it so far. still need to do some updating in time
f7a0067c.jpg
43ec8441.jpg
91771308.jpg
29428108.jpg

lrowl003

Hey guys I just added a little fung-schway to my big guys viv today. Didn’t cost me much and should cut down on paper use for the flooring. I used linoleum slate to cut down on the wieght on the glass floor and used a real slate tile for his basking spot. I suspended the tile with PVC pipes so he could get under for another cool spot or sleep spot. He seems to love it so far but I’m sure he’ll break it in the way he likes it in a few days. I’m pretty proud of it!

IMG_9736.jpg

IMG_9737.jpg

lrowl003

Jess4921":3hqe1wj3 said:
Here is Dudley's new 4x2x2 viv!!

DSC00897.jpg

He absolutely loves it. He has had such happy colors since he moved in!

DSC00907.jpg

DSC00875.jpg

DSC00877.jpg

DSC00867.jpg

@Suspiciouschunks: I'm using non-adhesive linoleum too! :D It works really well, but it's a tad slippery.

Hey! awesome viv, how did you attach the ramp to the tile? My viv looks almost like yours in the setup and I made a ramp but don’t know how to attach it in an efficient way that looks nice lol.

lrowl003

jaidonx13":bqg2z7s1 said:
nice setuppp

Thanks! I think it looks so sleek lol. I’m working on a new way to hold the tile up. Think I’m just gonna use wood and make a platform; a flat square piece and chunky square legs. I thought the PVC would work better than it actually did. Oh well trial and error!

Jess

Extreme Poster
lrowl003":2ay1leuo said:
Hey! awesome viv, how did you attach the ramp to the tile? My viv looks almost like yours in the setup and I made a ramp but don’t know how to attach it in an efficient way that looks nice lol.

Honestly? Masking tape. LOTS of it. :p
The ramp was meant for a small animal cage, and it had 2 little hook on it where it was supposed to attatch to the wire shelf it came with. I straightened out the hooks, and taped them under the tile.

I had to take out his basking tile though, because I don't think he knew how to get up on it by himself. :roll: So I'm in the process of making a new fake rock structure.

olarryLoks

i just put in the tile and im building a hide out for larry to place on the cool side for him to sleep in and im still not sure what else to put in there. im still looking for wallpaper for the tank.

5730688715_0d03840740_z.jpg

5731244590_4fc08f43ac_z.jpg

5730697467_5319df45b6_z.jpg

5730701457_652d0c6d83_z.jpg

5730705813_5283aed3b6_z.jpg

5731260672_d11c5297cb_z.jpg

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom