Viv pics only thread

spike1116

Juvie Member
ive noticed a lot of you have plants in your viv's i was thinking of adding some just for color i was wondering if you reccomend live plants or fake i figure real would be nicer espeically if he was able to eat the leaves and such but would be hard to take care of and at the same time fake ones might be dangerous if he thinks they are real and eats silk or plastic flowers?

emmini

Juvie Member
Hi Spike, I've got silk plants in my vivs. The plastic ones are a bit hard, silk are much nicer. I think they would have to pull quite hard at the leaves if they tried to eat them as they're fairly well fixed to the stalks, but I think most beardies, once they realised it wasn't real, would give up and try the salad bowl instead! I'm sure there will be others who say this isn't the case, but my beardies eats loads of salad and have never once tried to eat their plants!

emmini

Juvie Member
Have you tried hand feeding him little pieces? I'm sure you have, but thought I'd ask! One of my dragons won't take it from me, he just like snuffling around in his bowl - the other one won't touch it out of the bowl but will eat loads from my hand! Have you tried fresh herbs? I find they go down the best - parsley, mint, basil etc? Plus if you get the living plants you can keep them for ages on your kitchen window sill and they don't go off Apparently they like strong flavours, Pak Choi is another good strong one (not sure it's called the same over there as here in UK).

xbluex

Juvie Member
ChRiS_13":2ad14 said:
my new viv!!
CIMG1685.jpg

CIMG1684.jpg

Hey! I haven't looked at all of them yet going back as soon as I get done with this, I just have to know, Chris how did you do that?!? The logs on the glass is amazing! I want to do that lol could you please let me know how you managed that?
All the other pics I've seen so far look great! I can't wait untill I have the room, money, and time to do something really great like these. Right now I just have a vision cage with a few logs, rocks, and tile-pretty boring, but my boy likes it good enough for now(I feel like one of the loser moms too lol)

beardedwizard

Extreme Poster
Peter Griffin,

Very nice enclosure, just make sure those last two pieces of the free standing rock are very secure, i'm sure they are very heavy, but accidents can happen! Nice cage though!

Anthony

Peter Griffin

Juvie Member
I actually found that out after I took the Picture, (Before I put my BD in it.) The paver stone are all flat stacked now, so no chance of falling over or pinching. I love the use of the paver stones. I can change up the inside easily if wanted.

Groovinonfunk

Sub-Adult Member
are you using a mercury vapor bulb? is that the one that's tilted? i've read that tilting your MVB can severely impact the UVB output. Can anyone else varify this?

Beetle_Juice

Hatchling Member
so long as the mvb is a megaray you don't need to worry about putting it at an angle ...i asked Bob about this and he said it only increases the surface area covered by the uvb and may decrease temps a bit...i know with the other bulbs they only recommend it facing virtically downwards......still building my viv :( but will post pic as soon as it's done :)

Groovinonfunk

Sub-Adult Member
Beetle_Juice":89cec said:
so long as the mvb is a megaray you don't need to worry about putting it at an angle ...i asked Bob about this and he said it only increases the surface area covered by the uvb and may decrease temps a bit...i know with the other bulbs they only recommend it facing virtically downwards......still building my viv :( but will post pic as soon as it's done :)

that's great to know! thank you! my next uvb source is obviously going to have to be a megaray!

tenchi80

Here's my project, I haven't even gotten the dragon yet but I hope he finds this a good home 4x2x2.
2054440150_2d54bb2b7c.jpg

Here is some inside shots

2053656383_c968245de3.jpg

2053657291_ba147fc911.jpg

2054441370_da35af7748.jpg

My wife custom made the tapestry. She is a huge Pern fan as well as a lover of dragons over all :D

2053656437_7479cd017b.jpg

2053656651_7a91d4433f.jpg

Best surprise is that the moonlight bulb i have in there makes the plants look blood red. Wish i could capture on film but the lighting proved difficult. :shock:

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom