Viv pics only thread

Eljay

Hatchling Member
jamiedennis":4eomcngb said:
A quick question about 'flooring'...

Every one says different things about the substrate - Im wondering what, if any issues would be if I were to use peel and stick tiles??? They are cheap, smooth, easy to clean, and can be gripped easily enough by the claws of a beardie as they are soft and easy to puncture.

Sooo any advice would be a great step in the right direction.

Thanks.

peel and stick tiles, as far as I am aware, is not the best solution. The chemicals in the stick part can release toxins when heated to the types of temperatures you have inside a viv. If you could find some with high heat resistance, then they would be fine I guess. but generally, I personally would say no. I use tiles, as they are a fairly natural substrate for a beardie, they are easy to clean if you seal them, and they keep your beardies nails trim, without having to cut them yourself, which can be tricky.

as for your wooden viv and vents question, Sherri is right. its for ventilation. the heat, unlesss you have a really cold room, will not be effected, but the ventilation is very important, as humidity can be harmful to your beardie. they are dessert dwellers, not jungle dwellers, so they need dry heat.
 

jamiedennis

Hatchling Member
Eljay":24frkfgd said:
jamiedennis":24frkfgd said:
A quick question about 'flooring'...

Every one says different things about the substrate - Im wondering what, if any issues would be if I were to use peel and stick tiles??? They are cheap, smooth, easy to clean, and can be gripped easily enough by the claws of a beardie as they are soft and easy to puncture.

Sooo any advice would be a great step in the right direction.

Thanks.

peel and stick tiles, as far as I am aware, is not the best solution. The chemicals in the stick part can release toxins when heated to the types of temperatures you have inside a viv. If you could find some with high heat resistance, then they would be fine I guess. but generally, I personally would say no. I use tiles, as they are a fairly natural substrate for a beardie, they are easy to clean if you seal them, and they keep your beardies nails trim, without having to cut them yourself, which can be tricky.

as for your wooden viv and vents question, Sherri is right. its for ventilation. the heat, unlesss you have a really cold room, will not be effected, but the ventilation is very important, as humidity can be harmful to your beardie. they are dessert dwellers, not jungle dwellers, so they need dry heat.


*nods* thats sort of what I was thinking - but I wasnt sure... As for the tiles, thats what Im leaning towards as well. A nice tan slate would look good I think since it matches the dessert area better.

Ya, I understand it now. Thanks for answering my questions every one!!! Greatly appreciated
 
A little help please. A week or two ago, there was posted step by step instructions on how to create a very realistic interior/backdrop. The man used foam, grout and paints. Hubby has just told me that our babies have a 6 foot display case coming (second hand from a local business) and I believe that the described interiors would be fantastic in there.

Could anyone point me to the link or at least the name of the designer??

Thanks
 

Slave2Scarlett

Gray-bearded Member
TopekaBeardies":2zsjx2k2 said:
A little help please. A week or two ago, there was posted step by step instructions on how to create a very realistic interior/backdrop. The man used foam, grout and paints. Hubby has just told me that our babies have a 6 foot display case coming (second hand from a local business) and I believe that the described interiors would be fantastic in there.

Could anyone point me to the link or at least the name of the designer??

Thanks

Here are two links that might help u out!
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Furniture.html
http://www.lizard-landscapes.com/
 

fez09

Extreme Poster
I am super excited, I just got the 5 unit viv that I ordered from Coldblooded Cages so here it is...Each viv is 4x2x18inches)
This is after lights out and the dragons were already sleeping with their blankies, I might try and get some better pics today
DSCN1582.jpg

And this is the "duplex" (still needs some pretty added) it's 6x2x2 (the divider is in the middle so each baby gets 3x2x2)
DSCN1583.jpg
 

Slave2Scarlett

Gray-bearded Member
Wow that's pretty awesome Fez! My hat is definitely off to you for keeping up with so many dragons..lol Scarlett is enough for me... ha ha until of course I get the beardie fever again... Which is comes and goes.. ha ha
 

ocrage

Hatchling Member
here's my viv currently for my beardie Thad. he's about 2 months old. i know the tank's a little big for him now but he's doing fine.

img0057d.jpg

img0060tq.jpg

img0058yi.jpg

img0061an.jpg

and its a 40gallon breeder if you can't tell.

getting an actual background in a couple days.
 

triumphtt

Juvie Member
beardie osk":289q0gdi said:
Triumphtt: I wanted to ask you about your avatar.........what is that picture and is it alive on someone's hand?

Just a google image search result lol. Pretty sure someone just used photoshop. You want one though if it was real right LOL. Going for the low low price of $999,999,999,999.99 + tax and shipping :laughhard:
 

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
triumphtt":1ikczd27 said:
beardie osk":1ikczd27 said:
Triumphtt: I wanted to ask you about your avatar.........what is that picture and is it alive on someone's hand?

Just a google image search result lol. Pretty sure someone just used photoshop. You want one though if it was real right LOL. Going for the low low price of $999,999,999,999.99 + tax and shipping :laughhard:

Oh my word, I couldn't figure out what it was, I knew it had to be some kind of photoshop, clever........not a bad price, SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

jaymerz

Member
beardie osk":glucyzym said:
triumphtt":glucyzym said:
beardie osk":glucyzym said:
Triumphtt: I wanted to ask you about your avatar.........what is that picture and is it alive on someone's hand?

Just a google image search result lol. Pretty sure someone just used photoshop. You want one though if it was real right LOL. Going for the low low price of $999,999,999,999.99 + tax and shipping :laughhard:

Oh my word, I couldn't figure out what it was, I knew it had to be some kind of photoshop, clever........not a bad price, SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is really cute. It looks like its from one the the Harry Potter movies, the one where he has to do the tri-wizard tournament. But still super cute, too bad it doesn't really exist.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hi I have a hypo bearded dragon called Buddy. He is two, and I have a lot of experience looking after him. He has never benn sick before so I am hoping he will not!
Hello , im still figureing out this platform,
So violet laid eggs, weeks ago, she was doing very well , in the last 3 to 4 days her poop was more than runny . Haven't changed much in her diet , an appetite is very good. Should I be considering a parasites remedy as she does get bloated as soon as she starts to eat.
My baby beardie likes to sit in their water bowl. I'm curious on whether it would hurt them or not.
Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried

Forum statistics

Threads
156,590
Messages
1,262,794
Members
76,304
Latest member
Flames
Top Bottom