Viv & Fake Rock FINISHED! Pics & Tips

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow sooo talented that looks fab! much as i love my beardie i wouldn't have the patience to do that, great work!! sure you've got one happy beardie!

SlabOMeat

Hatchling Member
Really nice job man. I'm wondering if anyone has had any issues with the polystyrene melting from basking light heat?

slacker13

Original Poster
SlabOMeat":b2a0f said:
Really nice job man. I'm wondering if anyone has had any issues with the polystyrene melting from basking light heat?

I was wondering the same thing actually. Ive since decided to point the basking light towards the floor of the viv and am using a manufactured rock for basking right now just to be safe.

Loganator

Juvie Member
OH MY GOSH!! That is incredible. Where was this determination when you got a 'D' on your breadbox in high school?

Very impressive Sir!

twyliteskyz

Hatchling Member
congrats! you arent giving yourself enough credit! it shows that time an effort really do pay off and its a beautiful cage now your beardie will enjoy for a long time, its the fruits of labor! and you did a great job

GlueStick

Sub-Adult Member
Did you make your own tank too? and place your own lighting?

I am buying a tank with sliding doors, only thing is it requires you to put in your own light fixtures. If you could help me with this scenario I would be grateful! I have to go to Home Depot... and I don't even know what the name of those sockets are XD

slacker13

Original Poster
GlueStick":3ba96 said:

I am buying a tank with sliding doors, only thing is it requires you to put in your own light fixtures. If you could help me with this scenario I would be grateful! I have to go to Home Depot... and I don't even know what the name of those sockets are XD

Sorry for the delay. I've been away. Here is what I used for my basking lights Home Depot Store SKU # 214477. I used one but I wasn't getting proper temps so I had to add a second one.

As far as UVB goes. If your going to use a ReptiSun which is highly recommended just buy any single bulb Fluorescent fixture. Just check with ReptiSun first because last time I spoke with them they were getting rid of their T12 bulbs and going to all T8 bulbs. Some of the Fluorescent fixtures hold both so it doesn't really matter.

And yes I made my own tank. I made some other posts about that that can be found here http://www.beardeddragon.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=112663&hilit=
http://www.beardeddragon.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=114411&hilit=

GlueStick

Sub-Adult Member
slacker13":14814 said:
GlueStick":14814 said:

Sorry for the delay. I've been away. Here is what I used for my basking lights Home Depot Store SKU # 214477. I used one but I wasn't getting proper temps so I had to add a second one.

As far as UVB goes. If your going to use a ReptiSun which is highly recommended just buy any single bulb Fluorescent fixture. Just check with ReptiSun first because last time I spoke with them they were getting rid of their T12 bulbs and going to all T8 bulbs. Some of the Fluorescent fixtures hold both so it doesn't really matter.

And yes I made my own tank. I made some other posts about that that can be found here http://www.beardeddragon.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=112663&hilit=
http://www.beardeddragon.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=114411&hilit=

Thank you so much. I am not a carpenter myself, but my father was. Thing is, he isn't much of the electrician, so we're going to have to have someone help us with that part. Because, once I have the sockets and fixtures, drilled in place, I won't know what to do with them, haha.

Angiecountrygirl

Juvie Member
WOW, that looks amazing! Thank you for all of the information - as I am deffinately going to attempt something like this soon. Two thumbs up, what a wonderful job! :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom