Vitamin help

Hailey1110

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Hi, I’m looking to improve my beardies diet hes around 4 months old, currently being treated for coccidia. I feed BSFL as a staple (black soldier fly larvae). And he always has access to fresh kale. On occasion I feed dubias very very rarely due to having to pay so much to get them shipped to get smaller sizes. But I was wondering if anyone had any products that I can add, I know a calcium supplement with BSFL is too much calcium, but I feel like I need to give him more vitamins. I found this and I was wondering if this would be ok. Or instead some recommendations would be very appreciated!

Attachments

• ABCA156B-B679-4E64-AC8D-54194B67E274.jpg
    ABCA156B-B679-4E64-AC8D-54194B67E274.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 113

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Hailey, it may be fine but it's difficult to determine exactly how much to use. Since the bsfl + kale are very nutritious , that should provide a good amount of vitamins + minerals. I would still use a powdered calcium with D3 at least 2 X a week, it doesn't matter if the bsfl is high in calcium because many foods are.

Hailey1110

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Hi Hailey, it may be fine but it's difficult to determine exactly how much to use. Since the bsfl + kale are very nutritious , that should provide a good amount of vitamins + minerals. I would still use a powdered calcium with D3 at least 2 X a week, it doesn't matter if the bsfl is high in calcium because many foods
Oh ok thank you, I was told dusting wouldn’t be necessary, and could cause a calcium overdose. I’ll start dusting twice a week!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Maybe also cycle in some collard greens,turnip greens mustard greens, and dandelion greens. All are good for them.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom