Vi's Thread- She is hanging in there! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pixall

Sub-Adult Member
Yup. I know I have been MIA on this forum for a bit...

Two days ago we picked a Royal Python at Petco. They were on sale, and this little girl was so skinny and pathetic we decided she needed rescue. I know it wasn't rescue, but for her it was.. The *****s at the petco had five Royals in a ten gallon sized enclosure. They fed three of the snakes F/T adult mice, one got live, and our new little girl was getting F/T fuzzies... one a week. :angry5: :banghead: :angry5: :banghead:

so yeah, I was told she is a good feeder. And they "couldn't figure out why she was so skinny" :dontknow: :dontknow: People are so dumb it astounds me sometimes...

Anyway, we have her set up in a ten gallon for now with a reptitherm, reptibark substrate, a dog dish with a cut out for a combo water dish/hide, and an oatmeal box for a second hide. Her tank is very much jerryrigged right now. After a month or two(after quarantine) we are going to get her in a proper tank. For now she at least has all her needs met.

On Wednesday it will be a week and I will offer her a large weaner f/t mouse. If she takes it I'll offer a second one.

Pixall

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
The girl's name is now Vi, and she has taken two meals so far! WOOOOO! I am so happy. She refused her feed this past Wednesday, but her eyes look a bit cloudy so I'm not too worried. She will only take live at this point, but I figure as long as she is eating that is fine. Once she puts on weight I will work on switching her "back" to F/T.

She has taken an 18 day mouse, and a 25 day mouse. We are slooooowly working her up to the size prey she should be getting. :)

But as long as she is eating there is hope, and we are very hopeful for her future. I really think she will fill back out for us and be happy and healthy.

Next time I have a bit of cash it will be off to the vet for a fecal test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom