video clip of clover (passed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

irishanaconda

Juvie Member
well i thought i would finally put up this video of clover my hypo trans after he passed to see if you see anything that stuck out.. he was lethargic for only 1 day or so when i thought he might just be starting to go into brumation.. if you see in the video he looks like hes real red on his sides sorry about the wheezing but i was bawling like a little kid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9ZO1KL0fik
here he is about a week before http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMTx-vN98GA
the song is ironic and the timing of this video is sad as hell. i miss him so much please tell me what you think.

kirby

Extreme Poster
im sorry for your loss.

i know you will hate it coming from me, but it looks like impaction.

the three main oddities i saw in your footage was the redness, possible burns? or agitation? they were along the out edges of the ribs, and tail. the other being the caved in empty stomach, and the crusting around the mouth? the black beard would have happened as it stressed whilst finally giving up and dieing.

you do keep your dragons on sand, and to me the biggest lead is this. the dragon was lethargic with no appetite, as you would imagin if you had a blockage, you would feel too well, nor have an appetite, as nothings passing. its not normal to have such an empty stomach, yet another clue that somthing internal went wrong.

im sorry that he passed, but i would recommend getting an autopsy done, as this will tell you if it was a disease or infection that may effect your other animals. and breeding offspring?

LJean

Extreme Poster
Oh man.. I am so sorry for your loss.
I hadn't seen any red sides before. I have nothing to help you.

irishanaconda

Juvie Member
Original Poster
kirby":04fa2 said:
im sorry for your loss.

i know you will hate it coming from me, but it looks like impaction.

the three main oddities i saw in your footage was the redness, possible burns? or agitation? they were along the out edges of the ribs, and tail. the other being the caved in empty stomach, and the crusting around the mouth? the black beard would have happened as it stressed whilst finally giving up and dieing.

you do keep your dragons on sand, and to me the biggest lead is this. the dragon was lethargic with no appetite, as you would imagin if you had a blockage, you would feel too well, nor have an appetite, as nothings passing. its not normal to have such an empty stomach, yet another clue that somthing internal went wrong.

im sorry that he passed, but i would recommend getting an autopsy done, as this will tell you if it was a disease or infection that may effect your other animals. and breeding offspring?
kirby thanks for responding and i have nothing against you and never hold a grudge. i take all my tempatures on a regular basis with a PRO EXOTICS temp gun which is very accurate. the tempatures were all normal and your right i do keep my beardies on sand but i feed them incects all in a blue bin accept for the veggies which i keep in a bowl, but i dont believe it was impaction.... he was lethargic for 1 day or so. he was not the sand taster type and he was raised on sand since he was born. when i found him passed he was in the sand which gave him the crusted look but i dont believe he died because he fell into the sand. or swollowed too much. i do appreciate you looking thou kirby and thanks for the input. i thought about getting a autopsy done but i thought it was too sad. i did notice the red on the stomache sides and wondered what the heck so i grabbed my camera and filmed it. he only refused to eat 3 days before he died and he was seriously a very active and strong dragon.

bmb527

Hatchling Member
The red could be the way the blood settled in his body after he died. Much like it does in other animals. With the care you took to avoid the issue, I doubt he was impacted, frankly, I don't think impaction is that common as I have never seen any of my, or my friends dragons experience it and we have all kept them on sand for years. Not saying it doesn't happen, but, with my 3 and knowing at least 5 others with them, I have never seen it. An autopsy would be helpful to you, in order to find out if it was something that is avoidable next time, but, it would probably be cost prohibitive. I would just try to remember the good times you had with him and let his little body rest in peace. Losing a pet sucks, it has happened to all of us at some point.
Take care,
Bill

irishanaconda

Juvie Member
Original Poster
thanks bill. i have many pictures and videos to help me refresh our times together. on a positive note i want to thank bloodbank dragons cause even after a year they still sent me another bearded dragon. thanks steven barnes and also please feel free to post comments and thoughts about what might have happened. i have also sent a message to josh @ phantom dragons to see if maybe he has a clue.

lukenukem83

I agree with Bill. I am so sorry that this happened and it is so hard when it is sudden and unexpected. I hope that you are able to find out what happens, but if not, I hope your time of mourning help with your loss.

v/r

LJean

Extreme Poster
It's odd how quickly it happened. I hope someone has some insight for you.
Again, my sympathies to you for your loss.

irishanaconda

Juvie Member
Original Poster
thanks everyone. this happened about a month or so ago so i have had a bit of time to get over it a little.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Sorry for your loss that is too bad. There are maybe a few things, possibly. How old was he?
Could he have gotten hold of a bad feeder perhaps?
Do you have problems with fireflys at all, that you know of? That causes sudden death.
Had he been on medication rounds off & on, or not?
The redness was most likely how the blood settled, unfortunately. It could be genetics, as the trans are known to be inbred & that can cause genetic defects of liver & kidneys. The only way to fully determine the organs are to do an autopsy.
I understand how difficult the loss is.

Tracie

irishanaconda

Juvie Member
Original Poster
he was a year old. no fireflies in california.... unfortunatly i think it prob had to do with the trans gene still being very sensitive. thanks everyone for all your input and thoughts. it was so sudden and really sucks. i thought the redness in the sides was somthing but i have been told by a couple people this is how the blood settles sometimes and with the trans gene its pretty easy to see.

kirby

Extreme Poster
impaction usually happens over time. there is no way to tell if he is or isnt ingesting it. it still is a possibility.

its impossible to tell what it was inconclusively without an autopsy, although, even then its an assumption by a professional.

weak trans lines is a possibility, but he was pretty perky and active up until hid sudden passing. was there a dip in temperatures? a peak in humidity? were you sick at the time? could he have eaten a wandering insect? or something gone bad in the fridge?

what was the crusting around his mouth?

irishanaconda

Juvie Member
Original Poster
there was a slight dip in tempatures but not in his tank. the crust around his mouth was when i found him he was off his basking rock and it looked like he fell head first in the sand. there was mucus in his mouth and the sand stuck to the mucus . the humidity is always around the same and i wasnt and havent been sick all year. the only thing i keep thinking is i went to the sacramento reptile expo and picked up some feeder crickets for him. i dont think it was the crickets cause i feed all the dragons i have the same food. many of the other experts i have talked to said that it happened so fast that it was unlikely a impaction problem, but your right you never know. i guess without digging him up ind cutting him open everything is just assumptions, i just thought it would be a bit easier to diagnose something.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Really with sudden death, most of the time it is organ failure. I can't guarantee it but normally that is what it is.
I am sorry for your loss. I know it was devastating for you.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom