Vet wants me to consider putting down

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Bless her heart sge looks tuckered. But man she also looks sweet.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is a nice picture of her. She does look tired but it sounds like she had a good time outdoors.
The black cherry juice is a possibility, it is very dark red in color. It is a great sign you didn't see
anymore darkness or what seemed to be blood in her stool. I think she's just having a hard time
right now with her system wearing her out due to follicular development, again.
I think she's hanging in there & overall looks good as well. Her beard isn't dark, either.

Let us know how she is doing.
Tracie

Subion

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Zilla
Hello,

That is a nice picture of her. She does look tired but it sounds like she had a good time outdoors.
The black cherry juice is a possibility, it is very dark red in color. It is a great sign you didn't see
anymore darkness or what seemed to be blood in her stool. I think she's just having a hard time
right now with her system wearing her out due to follicular development, again.
I think she's hanging in there & overall looks good as well. Her beard isn't dark, either.

Let us know how she is doing.
Tracie
Well she’s been doing ok. Going bathroom every day again and holding her head up more. Eyes looking less sunken. She does try to walk or climb on my shoulder from time to time. She’ll stay awake outside almost the whole time we’re out. Of course today is rainy and only in 60s. She’s been doing good and fighting me for meds and feedings. She just don’t show interest in eating on her own and being inside she’s ready for a nap and would sleep all day if I let her.

Tomorrow is the day of surgery and I’m such a nervous wreck. It being over 3 hours away and needing to stay a maybe a night or 2 if things go well adds to the stress. I don’t know if I need a hotel or for how long. The vet said it just depends on the recovery and how fast she starts eating. She’ll have a Cath in her to give fluids and stuff I guess. They said it’ll be in her tail or leg. Something the other vets never did. So it’s a whole different thing this time. Part of me wants to cancel it but I know if I do she’ll only get worse. I just want her to come home and be healthy again. This past year has been ruff on both of us. I got a tote bag and going to add some pillows and blankets to for the trip home. Hopefully it’ll help with any bumps on the way and not shake her up to much.

Hopefully all goes well tomorrow and all this worry will be for nothing. I’ll update everyone as soon as I can. In the meantime just a few pics of her I’ve taken over last few days.

Attachments

• IMG_0921.jpeg
    IMG_0921.jpeg
    501.7 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0914.jpeg
    IMG_0914.jpeg
    170.5 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0913.jpeg
    IMG_0913.jpeg
    171.3 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0910.jpeg
    IMG_0910.jpeg
    243.7 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0901.jpeg
    IMG_0901.jpeg
    490.3 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0940.jpeg
    IMG_0940.jpeg
    103.3 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0939.jpeg
    IMG_0939.jpeg
    178.6 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I feel for you, the wait is so stressful and hoping upon hope that everything turns out well. Best wishes to you for a good outcome. The pics are great and show a much loved beardie !

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Please keep us posted on her surgery & her condition. Overall, she is really looking good &
doesn't have a black beard at all.
At least she is active & alert right now so that is a great sign.
It has been a hard year for you both, so hopefully this will get her healthy again. It does sound
like they will be keeping her well hydrated. They are going to be keeping her a couple of days?
We will all be thinking about you & Zilla!

Tracie

Subion

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Zilla
thank you both. I got mixed news today.

She made it through the surgery. Her insides were a mess though and took longer than normal. They found part of one of the uterus tubes still inside and removed it. They removed as much as they could and feel like they may have expanded her life.

Unfortunately they found her to have fibrosis and said it’s causing her insides to swell and fuse together. They sound like there isn’t anything that can be done about it to stop or reverse it. It’s just a matter of time now before it gets really bad for her but they don’t know how long. It all depends on what ever is irritating the insides causing the swelling.

Other than that I don’t know much more at this time. My girl had been through so much this year it hurts to learn this is now happening. As of right now if all goes well with recovery I’ll be able to take her home fri sometime. From there it’ll probably be a day by day thing hoping that the next day she wont be worse.

If anyone knows anything about the fibrosis I would be interested in learning more especially what to look out for.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Oh my, I'm not familiar with that condition but maybe it won't cause TOO much trouble. We never know for sure with certain medical conditions so hopefully she defies any negative odds !

shmoomunchkin

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Scooby
Well she’s been doing ok. Going bathroom every day again and holding her head up more. Eyes looking less sunken. She does try to walk or climb on my shoulder from time to time. She’ll stay awake outside almost the whole time we’re out. Of course today is rainy and only in 60s. She’s been doing good and fighting me for meds and feedings. She just don’t show interest in eating on her own and being inside she’s ready for a nap and would sleep all day if I let her.

Tomorrow is the day of surgery and I’m such a nervous wreck. It being over 3 hours away and needing to stay a maybe a night or 2 if things go well adds to the stress. I don’t know if I need a hotel or for how long. The vet said it just depends on the recovery and how fast she starts eating. She’ll have a Cath in her to give fluids and stuff I guess. They said it’ll be in her tail or leg. Something the other vets never did. So it’s a whole different thing this time. Part of me wants to cancel it but I know if I do she’ll only get worse. I just want her to come home and be healthy again. This past year has been ruff on both of us. I got a tote bag and going to add some pillows and blankets to for the trip home. Hopefully it’ll help with any bumps on the way and not shake her up to much.

Hopefully all goes well tomorrow and all this worry will be for nothing. I’ll update everyone as soon as I can. In the meantime just a few pics of her I’ve taken over last few days.
Following your posts, and praying for her.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
thank you both. I got mixed news today.

She made it through the surgery. Her insides were a mess though and took longer than normal. They found part of one of the uterus tubes still inside and removed it. They removed as much as they could and feel like they may have expanded her life.

Unfortunately they found her to have fibrosis and said it’s causing her insides to swell and fuse together. They sound like there isn’t anything that can be done about it to stop or reverse it. It’s just a matter of time now before it gets really bad for her but they don’t know how long. It all depends on what ever is irritating the insides causing the swelling.

Other than that I don’t know much more at this time. My girl had been through so much this year it hurts to learn this is now happening. As of right now if all goes well with recovery I’ll be able to take her home fri sometime. From there it’ll probably be a day by day thing hoping that the next day she wont be worse.

If anyone knows anything about the fibrosis I would be interested in learning more especially what to look out for.
Oh man, I'm sorry your both going through this. They are such amazing little creatures, with such big personalities they become family. I will be sending prayers and good vibes your way.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh no, poor girl! That has got to be so frustrating, after everything she has been through. There is
always laser surgery that could be considered to clean out the area. I'm not sure if that would be an
option or not, but it is done for women who get endometriosis which caused scar tissue.
I hope that she is stable right now. How long are they going to be keeping her?

Tracie

solana

Beardie name(s)
carlisle and bertha
I've been fallowing along and I am so sorry this happened to her, it makes me want to go home and hug my girl. hopefully she has a while longer! I know how easily these guys become family, please keep us all updated and let me know if there is anything I can do to help out!

Subion

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Zilla
Thank you everyone again.

I now have Zilla home and relaxing.

I did get a chance to talk to her vet today in person and got a better explanation of what is going on.

She told me that the best way to describe it was it was like scrambled eggs inside. There were layers of tissue and stuff over the location of the follicles she had to dig through and on top of that there were veins running over the follicles also. She had to clamp them to make sure Zilla wouldn’t bleed while working on her. She said she didn’t know or couldn’t tell if a follicle popped at some time and that may had made some of the mess or what really happened. She got all she could find out but said she was unsure if she got all the follicles out of her. She got what she could find. We can monitor her and see if they are growing again and she said we could always try to remove them if we chose to. But hopefully we won’t have to make that call and all is fine. As for the scar tissue (fibrosis) I do feel like that mess was from her previous surgery at a local vet. I feel they didn’t do a good job and so much of this could been avoided.

Here is a pic of her recovering now at home.

Attachments

• IMG_0985.jpeg
    IMG_0985.jpeg
    185.8 KB · Views: 68

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Man that poor lil girl has been through it, bless her heart. I hope she is out of the woods now.

shmoomunchkin

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Scooby
Thank you everyone again.

I now have Zilla home and relaxing.

I did get a chance to talk to her vet today in person and got a better explanation of what is going on.

She told me that the best way to describe it was it was like scrambled eggs inside. There were layers of tissue and stuff over the location of the follicles she had to dig through and on top of that there were veins running over the follicles also. She had to clamp them to make sure Zilla wouldn’t bleed while working on her. She said she didn’t know or couldn’t tell if a follicle popped at some time and that may had made some of the mess or what really happened. She got all she could find out but said she was unsure if she got all the follicles out of her. She got what she could find. We can monitor her and see if they are growing again and she said we could always try to remove them if we chose to. But hopefully we won’t have to make that call and all is fine. As for the scar tissue (fibrosis) I do feel like that mess was from her previous surgery at a local vet. I feel they didn’t do a good job and so much of this could been avoided.

Here is a pic of her recovering now at home.
Beautiful baby...praying, and sending huge hopes and wishes for total healing.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom