Vet visit and MBD

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Hey guys my Chubbs has this kink in her tail and has had it since I rescued her almost 4 yrs ago. Her setup is perfect but my vet said she has a tad kink that wasn't there before and to watch it.

He said it could be early MBD from before I rescued her what can I do to stop it? I have T5 Arcadias I'm dusting her bugs with calcium and vitamins I have a great routine for her. The good news is she was 730+ Grams then after brumation she lost weight and a new diet she was 671G and now 650G.

So she loses some weight which is par the course doing her brumation phases in the winter. I just feel so terrible like I did something wrong I'm just at a loss of words

I was thinking of lowering my beardies UVB tube but I know if they are to close it can cause complications

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hey guys my Chubbs has this kink in her tail and has had it since I rescued her almost 4 yrs ago. Her setup is perfect but my vet said she has a tad kink that wasn't there before and to watch it.

He said it could be early MBD from before I rescued her what can I do to stop it? I have T5 Arcadias I'm dusting her bugs with calcium and vitamins I have a great routine for her. The good news is she was 730+ Grams then after brumation she lost weight and a new diet she was 671G and now 650G.

So she loses some weight which is par the course doing her brumation phases in the winter. I just feel so terrible like I did something wrong I'm just at a loss of words

I was thinking of lowering my beardies UVB tube but I know if they are to close it can cause complications
The good UVB and the calcium is going to deter any MBD -- can you post a pic of it- I dont think your doing anything wrong -- make sure your distance is good for the UVB 12-15 inches in the tank - if your using it on top I would suggest getting it in the tank --

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
The good UVB and the calcium is going to deter any MBD -- can you post a pic of it- I dont think your doing anything wrong -- make sure your distance is good for the UVB 12-15 inches in the tank - if your using it on top I would suggest getting it in the tank --
Im gonna lower the UVB I have been trying to raise objects to get closer to it but I'm gonna lower it instead

Sadly she is the product of PetSmart and someone who got her because she "looked cool"

Attachments

• IMG_20221116_144014.jpg
    IMG_20221116_144014.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_20221116_143628.jpg
    IMG_20221116_143628.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_20221116_143611.jpg
    IMG_20221116_143611.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_20221116_143618.jpg
    IMG_20221116_143618.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 53

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Kinks can come and go. Zen has had one his whole life, sometimes its visible sometimes it isn't, it showed up on an xray once but was not visible to look at him. Don't get to upset, just keep giving good husbandry and keep an eye on it.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Im gonna lower the UVB I have been trying to raise objects to get closer to it but I'm gonna lower it instead

Sadly she is the product of PetSmart and someone who got her because she "looked cool"
Keep pics of it see it its getting any worse

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Kinks can come and go. Zen has had one his whole life, sometimes its visible sometimes it isn't, it showed up on an xray once but was not visible to look at him. Don't get to upset, just keep giving good husbandry and keep an eye on it.
It's tough you know I rescued her and have given her a proper life she has ha the kink since she was 1-2 months old. The x-ray is my next step she is going through brumation so she isn't actively basking atm

Meaning no UVB

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom