Vet confusion, worried.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Yeah thats kindda what im eluding to. He's giving him treatment just because. That would be like your doctor treating in case you might get cancer. I doubt i would give him the meds till i got a 2nd opinion.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Antibiotics can really put their system outta balance and cause digestive issues.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The vet didn’t give me anything for his MBD as clarified earlier. His reasoning for prescribing the antibiotic seems to be for prevention of other sicknesses/stress as Tubby was never officially diagnosed with any infection of some sort as mentioned earlier.
In order to know if there was a "true" infection going on blood works should of been done - that would of detected it --- also calcium levels as well

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your dragon doing?
I agree, did the vet not do a blood test though, to at least determine some type of infection?
The Ceftz is hard on the body when given long term & if there isn't any infection at all, he may
not even need it.
He should be on a liquid calcium for metabolic bone disease, to see improvement. What kind of
calcium are you giving him?

Tracie

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom