Very Aggressive

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbdr1289

I have had my beardie for a year now and when I first got it I handled it everyday bathed it everything. In the last few months my beardie has gotten aggressive it lunches at me and tries to attack me everytime I open the cage and last night she jumped out of her branches to try and bite me. I was told by the guy at PetSmart that it was because I feed her in the cage. I am not sure what to do with her I cannot try to grab her or anything in her cage anymore because she tries to attack me.

Soulwind

Sub-Adult Member
Is she actually being aggressive or is she just really hungry and excited about being fed?

When Rico is feeling extra hungry, he'll sort of lunge at my hand while flicking his tongue, just like he would do if I was actually holding a bug up to his face.

dbdr1289

Original Poster
She does it even when not being fed. She just recently started doing. She does it everytime I stick my hand in she starts hissing then the next thing u know she's lunging at me.

Brandonforty2

Juvie Member
Two possibilities. One, it could be food related. To determine, how much do you feed? What do you feed? How often do you feed? I don't see how feeding in the cage will cause aggression.

Two, she has reached the "bad girl rebbelion" age. Does she become black and puff up?

More than likely, she is at the rebbelion age.

Brandonforty2

Juvie Member
I don't think it is food. If she is bearding, then it is the age. Don't let her scare you. Pick her up. Wear gloves if you have to. Also, wear a shirt one day and then put it in her tank. This seems to lower aggression. It will stop.

dbdr1289

Original Poster
That's what someone else told me too that it was her age. I'm really hoping so she's so sweet when she's actually being nice lol I just wanna be able to hold her again...I will try the gloves and shirt thing....thank you for the advice!

JulieGeek

Hatchling Member
It wouldn't hurt to feed her in a separate tank. That way she HAS to get picked up at least once a day to get fed and you can introduce a "cuddle time" before "feeding time" to work on breaking her little habit.

Loiosh & Princess' Mom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom