Vaseline vs Ants

PixelatedEmbers

Hatchling Member
I have recently suffered an ant attack on my Dubia roach colony. I have reason to believe they were responsible for killing a ton of my colony. Fortunately right before the attack I separated the babies from the adults for the first time meaning there is hope for a strong recovery. After cleaning everything out and removing the ant trail, they still made their way to the container the roaches were in. One difference from before. They never made it inside. I lined all my containers with Vaseline and it looks to be working. How long will this last? Will they go away once they realize their food source has been cut off? Does Vaseline ensure my colonies’ safety? What else can I do?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 4 and Blaze is 3
I have recently suffered an ant attack on my Dubia roach colony. I have reason to believe they were responsible for killing a ton of my colony. Fortunately right before the attack I separated the babies from the adults for the first time meaning there is hope for a strong recovery. After cleaning everything out and removing the ant trail, they still made their way to the container the roaches were in. One difference from before. They never made it inside. I lined all my containers with Vaseline and it looks to be working. How long will this last? Will they go away once they realize their food source has been cut off? Does Vaseline ensure my colonies’ safety? What else can I do?
If anyone can help please help
@AHBD
@CooperDragon
@Claudiusx

PixelatedEmbers

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I have also bought Pic Ant Killer bait. Now we wait.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I see my lizard is being given Allopurinol 100ml tablet 10mg/ml (0.4) and tramadol 0.2ml every other day to help with gout. I have tramadol at home can I water it down and give it to her and if so do anyone know how much to water down ?
323A2CAE-899F-4592-90D2-DC37D45A30F1.jpeg

Baby photo! Look at how little and cute I was!!!
C34BF977-474F-4233-BF7E-8C797567E429.jpeg
Buffy snuggling with my partner!!!
Gout in bearded dragons
So freaking handsome I just love youuuuu so much 💕

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drekiaa
Top Bottom