Vacation

Ginjasnapz

Beardie name(s)
Dexie
Hi! We are going away for a short trip next month and my beardie who will be 8 months by then will be alone for about 2 1/2 days. What do you think I should leave for him in terms of food, big large salad bowls?? Should it be chopped as I normally do or better leaving whole leaves? Should I spray the food with water? Are there any brand of high quality pellet food I can leave for him also? If so, what brand? I’m just worried he’s going to be hungry. Thanks for the help in advance!!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi! We are going away for a short trip next month and my beardie who will be 8 months by then will be alone for about 2 1/2 days. What do you think I should leave for him in terms of food, big large salad bowls?? Should it be chopped as I normally do or better leaving whole leaves? Should I spray the food with water? Are there any brand of high quality pellet food I can leave for him also? If so, what brand? I’m just worried he’s going to be hungry. Thanks for the help in advance!!
@CooperDragon

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
At 8 months old, I don't think a weekend trip will cause any issues as long as his lights are set on timers/automated. Give him a bug meal before you leave and then leave a nice big salad for him. I don't think you need to spray it with water or change the size of the leaves, but you can if you want to. I wouldn't bother with pellets unless he is already used to eating them/likes them. Better to focus on the salads at this point. If you start taking trips for longer than a few days, it's a good idea to either bring him along or have someone stop by to clean up and refresh his food. In my experience, weekend trips are no problem though.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I completely agree, at 8 months of age, he should be just fine. Really, as Cooper stated, the
most important aspect of leaving him for a couple of days or so is making sure your timer is
working well. As long as he has some heating & lighting, possible water or moisture source,
then he should be fine.

Tracie

Ginjasnapz

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Dexie
Hello,

I completely agree, at 8 months of age, he should be just fine. Really, as Cooper stated, the
most important aspect of leaving him for a couple of days or so is making sure your timer is
working well. As long as he has some heating & lighting, possible water or moisture source,
then he should be fine.

Tracie
Thank you!!!

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom