uvb

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
it will be fine. 1/2 - 2/3 coverage is pretty standard. i have a 36" fixture (34" bulb), but that is because it is what came with the 120 gal enclosure i had custom built. 24" is pretty standard for 120 gal too.

depending on what type of top you have, you'll want it inside at 12-15 inches from basking decor, or on top (only if you have a wide hole type screen top) and then it would be 8-10 inches above the basking decor. I have a solid top so mine is mounted inside.

Boardi

Original Poster
it will be fine. 1/2 - 2/3 coverage is pretty standard. i have a 36" fixture (34" bulb), but that is because it is what came with the 120 gal enclosure i had custom built. 24" is pretty standard for 120 gal too.

depending on what type of top you have, you'll want it inside at 12-15 inches from basking decor, or on top (only if you have a wide hole type screen top) and then it would be 8-10 inches above the basking decor. I have a solid top so mine is mounted inside.
Thank you so much, i will mount it inside.

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
you're welcome. if there are any other questions you have, please don't hesitate to ask.

oh, and i should have also asked if your bulb is a T8, or a T5 (or 12%). the above info is for a T5. if you have a T8, it can't go on top no matter what and the distance for that is 6-8 inches above the basking decor. T8's are a weaker bulb.

Boardi

Original Poster
you're welcome. if there are any other questions you have, please don't hesitate to ask.

oh, and i should have also asked if your bulb is a T8, or a T5 (or 12%). the above info is for a T5. if you have a T8, it can't go on top no matter what and the distance for that is 6-8 inches above the basking decor. T8's are a weaker bulb.
Its a T5.

Boardi

Original Poster

I have one more question, is around 15 - 20 dubia roaches per day enough for a baby bearded dragon. Live insects are pretty expensive in stores and the sites i find dont ship to europe.

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
ok you're good to go on inside at 12-15 inches then.

for the roaches, part depends on the size of the roach and age of your dragon. they should be smaller than the space between your dragon's eyes. if what you have is a "baby" you'll want more protein than that, or closer to that amount 3x a day. that amount will decrease as your dragon gets older and transitions to mostly salads. my sir henry of scales is getting close to 3 years old and he only eats a couple large roaches 2x a week. i don't know of any links in europe, but someone may be on later that will know. possibly @KarrieRee?

babies should be getting salads every day even if they don't eat much in the beginning. what we do is take whatever salad sir henry doesn't eat and give it to the roaches at lights out. then he gets those nutrients in multiple ways, and it helps the cost of salads even out some! :D

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I dont have any links for insects in Europe- the best thing is to google search live insects over there - I only have some links for Canada but not Europe

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom