UVB

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The dome i have has a reflector but can it work good without a dome with a reflector, really dont wanna change the decor since he seems to like. As long as the temps are good its fine without the dome w/ reflector?
You can try it and see what the behavior is like -- any changes like eating and his pooping and what they look like -- I dont know of anyone using a dome w/ out a reflector -- I am going to inquire about this and see what I can find for an answer

Borje

Original Poster
You can try it and see what the behavior is like -- any changes like eating and his pooping and what they look like -- I dont know of anyone using a dome w/ out a reflector -- I am going to inquire about this and see what I can find for an answer
I ordered a ceramic hot socket and gonna use that instead of a dome. What do you mean by "what they look like" ??

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I ordered a ceramic hot socket and gonna use that instead of a dome. What do you mean by "what they look like" ??
You dont want undigested bugs and it real runny-- I have seen people use just the bulb in the tank but it cannot be less than 6" above the basking decor piece - risks of the dragon getting burned -- I have reached out to someone who may be able to help-- make sure you get surface basking temps after you lose the dome --

Borje

Original Poster
Another question, it may be dumb but do they sometimes only pee and not poop? He peed but did not poop, he doesnt really eat that much but may be because of stress etc. He eats a couple of mealworms and dubias a day, sometimes only mealworms but atleast he is eating something. It has been poop and pee the other times just really curious.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Another question, it may be dumb but do they sometimes only pee and not poop? He peed but did not poop, he doesnt really eat that much but may be because of stress etc. He eats a couple of mealworms and dubias a day, sometimes only mealworms but atleast he is eating something. It has been poop and pee the other times just really curious.
How old is the dragon? Please dont feed any mealworms to a babie- around 8 months old is fine but mealworms will cause impaction and we dont want that--- feed him the dubias and what about salads are you feeding those ? He needs salads every day ---

Borje

Original Poster
How old is the dragon? Please dont feed any mealworms to a babie- around 8 months old is fine but mealworms will cause impaction and we dont want that--- feed him the dubias and what about salads are you feeding those ? He needs salads every day ---
They think he is around 6-8 months. Thing is he do not want the dubias most of the time. Im offering salads every day and eats them sometimes.

Borje

Original Poster
Ok have you tried crickets or bsfl?
Yup i have tried crickets already. He only eats mealworms, maybe some dubias but barely any and sometimes none. I found mealworms in his poop today so i will stop with mealworms but he do not eat the dubias or crickets. I actually do not know where to get bsfl, i dont live in the us or uk and about every site i check they only ship to those countries. What do i feed him now that he had mealworms in his poop???

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom