UVB

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
The marks on the head are likely old scars, he was probably bitten in the head at the store and even though it heals those areas will often shed a little differently but it's not a problem.

Borje

Original Poster
Ive had him for about a week now. He hasnt been interested in insects at all. The 2 first days he ate a decent amount of dubia roaches, ever since then he has not been eating insects. I have tried offering him dubias a few times per day but refuses to eat them, every salad i give him he eats it without a problem. His toes kinda seem a little black i have no idea if its normal or anything. He has diarrhea aswell.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ive had him for about a week now. He hasnt been interested in insects at all. The 2 first days he ate a decent amount of dubia roaches, ever since then he has not been eating insects. I have tried offering him dubias a few times per day but refuses to eat them, every salad i give him he eats it without a problem. His toes kinda seem a little black i have no idea if its normal or anything. He has diarrhea aswell.
Please post a pic of the toes --- please try a different insect silkworms or crickets or BSFL --- if you need websites please ask I will post

Borje

Original Poster
Please post a pic of the toes --- please try a different insect silkworms or crickets or BSFL --- if you need websites please ask I will post
Will post a picture of the toes but i tried feeding him crickets aswell. He just refuses everything.

Borje

Original Poster
I dont think there is anything wrong with his toes. I think it was the lightning that made it look darker then normal.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I dont think there is anything wrong with his toes. I think it was the lightning that made it look darker then normal.
Ok so you just got him - he's going thru relocation stress- give him time to adjust - please go over the uvb your using where it's placed and surface basking temps--

Borje

Original Poster
Ok so you just got him - he's going thru relocation stress- give him time to adjust - please go over the uvb your using where it's placed and surface basking temps--
arcadia pro t5 12% uvb 24 w, its placed above a log with the distance 13 inches. At the basking spot right under the heat lamp it is about 102 and around it is about 95~
He switches to the basking spot and the log from time to time. He doesnt really go anywhere else then those spots.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
arcadia pro t5 12% uvb 24 w, its placed above a log with the distance 13 inches. At the basking spot right under the heat lamp it is about 102 and around it is about 95~
He switches to the basking spot and the log from time to time. He doesnt really go anywhere else then those spots.
So he's eating salads? That's good he's eating something - it's when they quit eating all together is a issues- try a different insect see what he does

Borje

Original Poster
Do u need a dome reflector for a 75w, i bought a new decor yesterday where he also can go inside and sleep at night time. He really seem to like it and have eaten much better. Problem is that i can move my dome higher up because of the glass. Even with 75 w instead of the 100 w the plastic heats up so much that i have to use the dimmer all the way down so i can barely see the light and its still too hot.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Do u need a dome reflector for a 75w, i bought a new decor yesterday where he also can go inside and sleep at night time. He really seem to like it and have eaten much better. Problem is that i can move my dome higher up because of the glass. Even with 75 w instead of the 100 w the plastic heats up so much that i have to use the dimmer all the way down so i can barely see the light and its still too hot.
Yes you want a dome reflector - so you can move the basking bulb higher? If so do that if not you may haft to drop to a 50 watt bulb - you dont want to burn him up just keep track of the surface basking temps and go from there -- get rid of the dimmer--- do it manually for now--- you need the bright white bulb -- what plastic are you talking about?

Borje

Original Poster
Yes you want a dome reflector - so you can move the basking bulb higher? If so do that if not you may haft to drop to a 50 watt bulb - you dont want to burn him up just keep track of the surface basking temps and go from there -- get rid of the dimmer--- do it manually for now--- you need the bright white bulb -- what plastic are you talking about?
I cant move it higher up and without a dimmer even with 75 w the temps get over 140. Without a dome reflector what happens? Why do u need it? As you can see in the picture there is barely any light visible and the temps are still a little too high with 75 w.

Attachments

• 1680098979919.jpg
    1680098979919.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 49

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I cant move it higher up and without a dimmer even with 75 w the temps get over 140. Without a dome reflector what happens? Why do u need it? As you can see in the picture there is barely any light visible and the temps are still a little too high with 75 w.
Ok please try a 50 watt and see what you get for temps- if that is too high change out the decor piece its absorbing heat -- some materials will do that --- the dome w/ the reflector directs the heat downward toward him -- the dome you have now has a reflector or no reflector?

Borje

Original Poster
Ok please try a 50 watt and see what you get for temps- if that is too high change out the decor piece its absorbing heat -- some materials will do that --- the dome w/ the reflector directs the heat downward toward him -- the dome you have now has a reflector or no reflector?
The dome i have has a reflector but can it work good without a dome with a reflector, really dont wanna change the decor since he seems to like. As long as the temps are good its fine without the dome w/ reflector?

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom