UVB placement help

Kellyjc

Beardie name(s)
Zeni
I know this probably gets posted on here a lot but I’m having trouble figuring out where to place the UVB light. We used a coil and recently changed to a tube uvb. We have the hood and the tube is a Reptisun 5.0 UVB t5.

Should I place it outside or inside his tank?

Im attaching pictures of the new UVB, the mesh and his tank. It’s a 40 gallon

Thank you for the help !

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I know this probably gets posted on here a lot but I’m having trouble figuring out where to place the UVB light. We used a coil and recently changed to a tube uvb. We have the hood and the tube is a Reptisun 5.0 UVB t5.

Should I place it outside or inside his tank?

Im attaching pictures of the new UVB, the mesh and his tank. It’s a 40 gallon

Thank you for the help !

View attachment 72518

View attachment 72519

View attachment 72520
Please get the 22" Reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb -- the 5.0 is not strong enough to go thru your screen w/ the T 5 it can sit on top placed directly over the basking decor piece approx 8-10 inches -- and I would get 2 digital probe thermometers place one on the cool side temps should be 80 's or so and the surface basking temps should be 105-110 for the little one --- the stick ons are inaccurate and give only ambient temps -- I would also replace the paper in the tank w/ some textured NON adhesive shelf liner cut to the size of the tank and clean w/ vinegar /water 50/50 --- you can find this at Walmart or your local home improvement store --

Kellyjc

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Zeni
Please get the 22" Reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb -- the 5.0 is not strong enough to go thru your screen w/ the T 5 it can sit on top placed directly over the basking decor piece approx 8-10 inches -- and I would get 2 digital probe thermometers place one on the cool side temps should be 80 's or so and the surface basking temps should be 105-110 for the little one --- the stick ons are inaccurate and give only ambient temps -- I would also replace the paper in the tank w/ some textured NON adhesive shelf liner cut to the size of the tank and clean w/ vinegar /water 50/50 --- you can find this at Walmart or your local home improvement store --

I am buying the 10.0 uvb bulb, so whenever I get that one it’s okay to place on top of the mesh ?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I am buying the 10.0 uvb bulb, so whenever I get that one it’s okay to place on top of the mesh ?
Is the the 10.0 a long tube or a coil? The coil goes in a dome you don't want that - depending on the long tube bulb T 5 or T 8 will determine on your screen- for a 40+ gallon tank a T 5 is recommended

Kellyjc

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Zeni
Is the the 10.0 a long tube or a coil? The coil goes in a dome you don't want that - depending on the long tube bulb T 5 or T 8 will determine on your screen- for a 40+ gallon tank a T 5 is recommended
Im buying a 10.0 tube uvb light because the hood came with a 5.0. It’s also a T5

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom