UVB Lighting help!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Hey guys probably posted before I'm just stuck so here it goes. I have a Zen Habitat enclosure its 4x2x2 feet and I have a T8 ReptiSun 10.0 desert series 50 its pretty poor I need my beardies to be 6-8 inches away and its hard to do. I bought a 22 inch Arcadia Pro t5 uvb 12% kit and I am unable to open and/close the sliding doors bc it rubs and doesnt fit inside. So I sent it back sadly 22inches is the smallest they have so I'm stuck with a T8 that may not be enough for them. I was hoping maybe I could buy a T5 High Output bulb and place it in to my T8 fixture but its not made for T5 HO's. Only thing I could possibly think of is putting a HO T5 on top of my enclosure but it'll be filtered sense its a screen I cant find any Arcadia Fixtures/Bulbs that are smaller than 22 inches (My T8 is 18"). I seen a ReptiSun T5 but its made as a "hood" and made for the top of the enclosure. This pic is of their updated enclosure much much bigger than their old 40G breeder tank (T8 worked wonders when they both where in smaller enclosures as hatchlings)
any help is much appreciated

Attachments

• 20211102_171419.jpg
    20211102_171419.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 152

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I chimed in on your other thread with some ideas, but did you try changing the orientation of the Arcadia to be at a diagonal or along the length of the enclosure rather than the depth? You can be pretty flexible with how you orient the UVB tube as long as you have some intense UVB over the basking area along with other areas that have little to no UVB exposure within the enclosure. You aren't likely to find a T5 smaller than 22 (24'' fixture) but I don't recommend going smaller than that in order to allow for even basking under a nice wide beam of UVB.

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I chimed in on your other thread with some ideas, but did you try changing the orientation of the Arcadia to be at a diagonal or along the length of the enclosure rather than the depth? You can be pretty flexible with how you orient the UVB tube as long as you have some intense UVB over the basking area along with other areas that have little to no UVB exposure within the enclosure. You aren't likely to find a T5 smaller than 22 (24'' fixture) but I don't recommend going smaller than that in order to allow for even basking under a nice wide beam of UVB.
Appreciate it I contacted my supplier and maker of my enclosure I cant fit the 22" sideways like my T8. So would as u and others said put it on the screen to the left of the basking bulb horizontally? So its beside the basking area the long way not sideways

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom